


{"id":374028,"date":"2024-07-29T14:24:56","date_gmt":"2024-07-29T14:24:56","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/"},"modified":"2024-07-29T14:24:56","modified_gmt":"2024-07-29T14:24:56","slug":"auto-joint-creation","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/","title":{"rendered":"Auto Joint Creation"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have a 3D model which I&#8217;m analysing in a static structural analysis. I&#8217;m using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the &#8220;generate automatic connections on refresh&#8221; set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after adding in some joints to the model when I have to edit the geometry and reopen it in mechanical, all parts within the specified tolerance have a joint created for them as well as a contact. This meant I had to spend ages deleting all the unnecessary joints because there were so many of them that I can&#8217;t just select all of them at once otherwise mechanical would crash.<\/p>\n<p>The only option I can find is to set &#8220;generate automatic connections on refresh&#8221; to no but that would stop contacts being automatically generated which I need. Is there a way to stop just the joints being automatically created?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-374028","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-connections","topic-tag-joint","topic-tag-mechanical","topic-tag-static-structural"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I have a 3D model which I&#039;m analysing in a static structural analysis. I&#039;m using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the &quot;generate automatic connections on refresh&quot; set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Auto Joint Creation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I have a 3D model which I&#039;m analysing in a static structural analysis. I&#039;m using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the &quot;generate automatic connections on refresh&quot; set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Auto Joint Creation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I have a 3D model which I&#039;m analysing in a static structural analysis. I&#039;m using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the &quot;generate automatic connections on refresh&quot; set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/auto-joint-creation\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mechanical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"mechanical\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/auto-joint-creation\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Auto Joint Creation\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/auto-joint-creation\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Auto Joint Creation\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mechanical\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/auto-joint-creation\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/auto-joint-creation\\\/\",\"name\":\"Auto Joint Creation | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I have a 3D model which I'm analysing in a static structural analysis. I'm using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the \\\"generate automatic connections on refresh\\\" set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/auto-joint-creation\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Auto Joint Creation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have a 3D model which I'm analysing in a static structural analysis. I'm using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the \"generate automatic connections on refresh\" set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","name":"mechanical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"mechanical","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/#listItem","name":"Auto Joint Creation"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Auto Joint Creation","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","name":"mechanical"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/","name":"Auto Joint Creation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have a 3D model which I'm analysing in a static structural analysis. I'm using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the \"generate automatic connections on refresh\" set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00","dateModified":"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Auto Joint Creation | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I have a 3D model which I'm analysing in a static structural analysis. I'm using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the &quot;generate automatic connections on refresh&quot; set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/","article:published_time":"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-07-29T14:24:56+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Auto Joint Creation | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I have a 3D model which I'm analysing in a static structural analysis. I'm using a combination of contacts and joints to constrain the parts to eachother. As default I have the &quot;generate automatic connections on refresh&quot; set to yes which I need because I have a lot of contacts within the model. But after"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"374028","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:35:21","updated":"2024-10-28 16:35:21","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/\" title=\"mechanical\">mechanical<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tAuto Joint Creation\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"mechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/"},{"label":"Auto Joint Creation","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/auto-joint-creation\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["17457","88"],"_bbp_author_ip":["62.31.36.218"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["718"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_notification_enabled":["17457"],"_bbp_topic_id":["374028"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["88","17457"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["374614"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["374614"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-08-01 07:28:23"]},"test":"99d5b135e29aca071c33e1052559fcefb8810611"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/374028","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/374028\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=374028"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}