


{"id":37371,"date":"2019-08-28T12:46:47","date_gmt":"2019-08-28T12:46:47","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/"},"modified":"2023-09-28T07:40:24","modified_gmt":"2023-09-28T07:40:24","slug":"act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/","title":{"rendered":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?<\/p>\n<p>I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to be to gather items in a selection and then assign the contents of the selection to a named selection.<\/p>\n<p>However, I do not manage to add the items to a selection programmatically. The methods NewSelection as well as AddSelection need an input argument of type ISelectionInfo but I do not know how to obtain this from the Items I am browsing. <\/p>\n<p>Below is an example where I have tried to assign each part to a named selection.<\/p>\n<hr class=\"bbcode_rule\" \/>\n<br \/>#Model<br \/>model = ExtAPI.DataModel.Project.Model <\/p>\n<p># Get parts<br \/>Parts = model.Geometry.GetChildren(DataModelObjectCategory.Part,True)<\/p>\n<p># The procedure will be included in a loop later. Just using first part in test.<br \/>MyPart = Parts[0]<\/p>\n<p># Selection<br \/>SlMn = ExtAPI.SelectionManager<br \/>SlMn.ClearSelection()<\/p>\n<p>#<\/p>\n<hr class=\"bbcode_rule\" \/>\n&gt;&gt;&gt; Missing part: Adding &#8220;MyPart&#8221; to current selection &lt;&lt;&lt;<\/p>\n<hr class=\"bbcode_rule\" \/>\n<br \/># SlMn.NewSelection()<\/p>\n<p># Create named selection<br \/>NSn = model.NamedSelections<br \/>MyNS = NSn.AddNamedSelection()<br \/>MyNS.Name = &#8220;Part0&#8221;<br \/>MyNS.Location = SlMn.CurrentSelection<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-37371","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2019-08-28T12:46:47+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-09-28T07:40:24+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\\\/\",\"name\":\"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2019-08-28T12:46:47+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-09-28T07:40:24+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/#listItem","name":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/","name":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2019-08-28T12:46:47+00:00","dateModified":"2023-09-28T07:40:24+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/","article:published_time":"2019-08-28T12:46:47+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-09-28T07:40:24+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"What is the best way to assign items to a named selection in ACT?I know how to browse through items (parts, bodies, etc.) in the structure tree. But it seems to me that it is not possible to assign an item, for example a body directly to a named selection. An intermediate step seems to"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"37371","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 23:20:12","updated":"2024-10-28 23:20:12","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tACT Script: Assign items to a named selection\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ACT Script: Assign items to a named selection","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/act-script-assign-items-to-a-named-selection\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_old_topic_id":["9548"],"_bbp_old_topic_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_topic_anonymous_id":["false"],"_bbp_old_closed_status_id":["publish"],"_bbp_author_ip":[null],"_bbp_old_sticky_status_id":["normal"],"_bbp_likes_count":["1"],"_btv_view_count":["5951"],"_bbp_subscription":["25225","294457","58821"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["37371"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","25225","58821","167723"],"_bbp_voice_count":["4"],"_bbp_reply_count":["4"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["309214"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["309214"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-09-28 07:40:11"]},"test":"mike3000"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/37371","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/37371\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=37371"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}