


{"id":371787,"date":"2024-07-13T18:23:19","date_gmt":"2024-07-13T18:23:19","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/"},"modified":"2024-07-13T18:23:19","modified_gmt":"2024-07-13T18:23:19","slug":"compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/","title":{"rendered":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-371787","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\\\/\",\"name\":\"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/#listItem","name":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/","name":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00","dateModified":"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/","article:published_time":"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-07-13T18:23:19+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"When I use the non-premixed combustion model with the compressibility effects option on, it causes the continuity residual to increase and eventually cause a floating point error, where as with it off, the residuals drop. Any idea why that is?"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"371787","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:37:42","updated":"2024-10-28 16:37:42","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tCompressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Compressibility effects causing floating point error, non-premixed combustion","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/compressibility-effects-causing-floating-point-error-non-premixed-combustion\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["343144","199"],"_bbp_author_ip":["50.219.46.214"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["192"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["371787"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","343144"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["371876"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["371876"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-07-15 10:45:15"]},"test":"zwernjaydengmail-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/371787","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/371787\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=371787"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}