


{"id":371770,"date":"2024-07-13T10:08:57","date_gmt":"2024-07-13T10:08:57","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/"},"modified":"2024-07-13T10:10:48","modified_gmt":"2024-07-13T10:10:48","slug":"how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/","title":{"rendered":""},"content":{"rendered":"","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-371770","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-annotation","topic-tag-ansys-mechanical","topic-tag-javascript","topic-tag-probe","topic-tag-python"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won&#039;t appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I&#039;m missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can&#039;t find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"| Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won&#039;t appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I&#039;m missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can&#039;t find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-07-13T10:08:57+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-07-13T10:10:48+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"| Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won&#039;t appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I&#039;m missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can&#039;t find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-mechanical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ansys-mechanical\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-mechanical\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\\\/\",\"name\":\"| Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won't appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I'm missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can't find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-07-13T10:08:57+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-07-13T10:10:48+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"| Ansys Learning Forum","description":"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won't appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I'm missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can't find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/#listItem","name":"ansys-mechanical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ansys-mechanical","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/#listItem","position":4,"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/#listItem","name":"ansys-mechanical"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/","name":"| Ansys Learning Forum","description":"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won't appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I'm missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can't find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-07-13T10:08:57+00:00","dateModified":"2024-07-13T10:10:48+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"| Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won't appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I'm missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can't find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/","article:published_time":"2024-07-13T10:08:57+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-07-13T10:10:48+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"| Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"It seems in newer versions of Mechanical we can use LabelManager class but in 2020 we have to use either functions in Graphics.InternalObject (like setnewanno3dtext, AddAnnoItemDS,...) or use javascript functions directly. Using those functions I can edit the Graphics Annotations table cells but the actual label won't appear in the 3d view and the new table row also disappears after focus changes.So it seems I'm missing the mouse click part where the label position is decided but I have no idea how to do that. I can't find the javascript function that gets executed on mouse click nor I can find any way to simulate the mouse click via script. I also noticed the label may appear in position (0,0,0) if I run correct functions immediately after restarting the Mechanical. My guess is that it works because the mouse position has been initialised with (0,0,0).Any ideas?"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"371770","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:37:42","updated":"2024-10-28 16:37:42","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/\" title=\"ansys-mechanical\">ansys-mechanical<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ansys-mechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/"},{"label":"","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-annotations-or-probes-using-python-in-mechanical-2020-version-2\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["432087","13927"],"_bbp_author_ip":["193.210.195.120"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["172"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_edit_lock":["1720865411:432087"],"_bbp_topic_id":["371770"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["13927","432087"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["372693"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["372693"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-07-19 09:28:29"]},"test":"hallinenjessegmail-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/371770","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/371770\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":371771,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/371770\/revisions\/371771"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=371770"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}