


{"id":37111,"date":"2019-08-13T07:58:00","date_gmt":"2019-08-13T07:58:00","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/"},"modified":"2019-08-13T07:58:00","modified_gmt":"2019-08-13T07:58:00","slug":"ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/","title":{"rendered":"ANSYS Aqwa &#8211; Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness"},"content":{"rendered":"<p class=\"MsoNormal\" style=\"line-height: normal; background: white;\"><span style=\"font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: #111111; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;\">Good afternoon,<\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\" style=\"line-height: normal; background: white;\"><span style=\"font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: #111111; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;\">I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I&#8217;ve run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500 N\/m, respectively and all other degrees of freedom are blocked. Now, I have inserted an initial displacement in the sway direction of 20 [m] and the forces are correct (20 x 2500 = 50000 [N]). But when I add an initial condition RZ=30&ordm; things don&#8217;t seem to work. As I was trying to understand if the stiffness matrix rotates with the platform I believe two different things can happen:<\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\" style=\"line-height: normal; background: white;\"><strong><span style=\"font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: #111111; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;\">1 &#8211; If the matrix is defined in the global axis<\/span><\/strong><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\" style=\"line-height: normal; background: white;\"><span style=\"font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: #111111; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;\">In this case, the results should be the same as in the situation with RZ=0&ordm;<\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\" style=\"line-height: normal; background: white;\"><strong><span style=\"font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: #111111; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;\">2 &#8211; If the matrix is defined in the local axis<\/span><\/strong><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\" style=\"line-height: normal; background: white;\"><span style=\"font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: #111111; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;\">In this case, the forces should be computed with the respective displacement in the local axis and corresponding stiffness.<\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\" style=\"line-height: normal; background: white;\"><span style=\"font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; color: #111111; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;\">However neither seems to happen. <\/span><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-37111","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I&#039;ve run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"ANSYS Aqwa \u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I&#039;ve run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"ANSYS Aqwa \u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I&#039;ve run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ANSYS Aqwa &#8211; Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ANSYS Aqwa &#8211; Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\\\/\",\"name\":\"ANSYS Aqwa \\u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I've run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"ANSYS Aqwa \u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I've run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/#listItem","name":"ANSYS Aqwa &#8211; Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ANSYS Aqwa &#8211; Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/","name":"ANSYS Aqwa \u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I've run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00","dateModified":"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"ANSYS Aqwa \u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I've run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/","article:published_time":"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00","article:modified_time":"2019-08-13T07:58:00+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"ANSYS Aqwa \u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Good afternoon, I am currently modelling a floating structure with ANSYS Aqwa module and I believe there is an incoherence in this when considering the hydrostatic stiffness of the structure. I've run a test in a cylinder where the only restoring surge and sway forces are given by an added stiffness of 10000 and 2500"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"37111","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 23:20:30","updated":"2024-10-28 23:20:30","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tANSYS Aqwa \u2013 Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ANSYS Aqwa &#8211; Modelling Hydrostatic Stiffness","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-aqwa-modelling-hydrostatic-stiffness\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_old_topic_id":["9286"],"_bbp_old_topic_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_topic_anonymous_id":["false"],"_bbp_old_closed_status_id":["publish"],"_bbp_author_ip":[null],"_bbp_old_sticky_status_id":["normal"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0","0"],"_btv_view_count":["2377"],"_bbp_subscription":["18179"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["37111"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["897","18179","158054","167277","169800"],"_bbp_voice_count":["5"],"_bbp_reply_count":["7"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["304158"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["304158"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-08-30 15:39:39"]},"test":"fcnqp"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/37111","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/37111\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=37111"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}