


{"id":370176,"date":"2024-07-02T18:36:18","date_gmt":"2024-07-02T18:36:18","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/"},"modified":"2024-07-02T18:36:18","modified_gmt":"2024-07-02T18:36:18","slug":"following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/","title":{"rendered":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello!&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/<\/p>\n<p>It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.<\/p>\n<p>The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing through a monitor based on the surface norm of the Poynting vector; this method appears to fail, understandably, for light passing through monitors at an angle.<\/p>\n<p>The summary of the response I received is that standard DFT monitors are not suitable for analyzing gratings emitting at an angle, and I should instead use grating analysis. Unfortunately, my structures are aperiodic (apodized, chirped, bilayer gratings) and are therefore not suitable for the Lumerical grating-analysis tools.<\/p>\n<p>Therefore, I have now looped back to the original problem\/question: is there truly no way to get power passing through a monitor as defined by, say, the electric field, in Lumerical? It seems unlikely that Lumerical is by default incapable of accurately reporting powers for common emitter structures like aperiodic gratings. Can any suggestions be given for getting past this issue?<\/p>\n<p>Thank you in advance!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-370176","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\\\/\",\"name\":\"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\\\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/#listItem","name":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/","name":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00","dateModified":"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/","article:published_time":"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-07-02T18:36:18+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello! Last November, I made this post: https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/It was unintentionally missed, and I did not receive a response until this February. By then, I had switched to exploring other topics. However, my original question is back.The short summary of my question (see the link above for full details) is that Lumerical seems to report power passing"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"370176","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:39:15","updated":"2024-10-28 16:39:15","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tFollowing Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Following Up: Power Passing through a Monitor at an Angle","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/following-up-power-passing-through-a-monitor-at-an-angle\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_btv_view_count":["93"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_subscription":["2592"],"_bbp_topic_id":["370176"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_engagement":["2592","36773"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["370561"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["370561"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-07-04 18:38:19"]},"test":"scorsettmit-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/370176","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/370176\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=370176"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}