


{"id":369057,"date":"2024-05-29T13:29:19","date_gmt":"2024-05-29T13:29:19","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/"},"modified":"2024-05-29T13:29:19","modified_gmt":"2024-05-29T13:29:19","slug":"hfss-modeling-2","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/","title":{"rendered":"HFSS Modeling"},"content":{"rendered":"<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">Dear Sirs,<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">Drawing a curve of the type &#8220;x = a z^2 + b z&#8221;, ranging from a zmin&lt;0 to a zmax&gt;0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not pass by the origin of the axes, but by a generic point P(x ,0,0) whose distance x from the origin depends on how wide the curve is.<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">In addition, I verified that, when this curve is swiped along an arc of circumference lying on the xy plane in order to generate a surface with double curvature (both in the xy and in the zy planes), the final edge of this surface, in the zy plane, is &#8220;engorged&#8221; in the direction in which the sweep took place.<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">I verified also that, by sweeping the arc of circumference along the above-described curve, again the final edge, lying in the yz plane, is engorged. <\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">These two problems are not specific to the 2024 version of the HFSS code, but I have also verified them in older versions, and unfortunately, they generate drawbacks both in the design of the component models and their simulation.<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">To overcome the two above exposed problems, I have had to use some drawing &#8220;expedients&#8221; that introduce in the design some not parameterizable variables.<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">As a result, this makes impossible to use the &#8220;Optimetric&#8221; option of your code, either to perform a parametric analysis of the model or to optimize it.<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">Please, could you help me in solving these problems? Thank you very much.<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">Best regards,<\/span><\/p>\n<p class=\"MsoNormal\"><span lang=\"EN-US\">Francesco Mirizzi<\/span><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-369057","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type &quot;x = a z^2 + b z&quot;, ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"HFSS Modeling | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type &quot;x = a z^2 + b z&quot;, ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"HFSS Modeling | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type &quot;x = a z^2 + b z&quot;, ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/hfss-modeling-2\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/hfss-modeling-2\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"HFSS Modeling\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/hfss-modeling-2\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"HFSS Modeling\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/hfss-modeling-2\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/hfss-modeling-2\\\/\",\"name\":\"HFSS Modeling | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type \\\"x = a z^2 + b z\\\", ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/hfss-modeling-2\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"HFSS Modeling | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type \"x = a z^2 + b z\", ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/#listItem","name":"HFSS Modeling"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"HFSS Modeling","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/","name":"HFSS Modeling | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type \"x = a z^2 + b z\", ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00","dateModified":"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"HFSS Modeling | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type &quot;x = a z^2 + b z&quot;, ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/","article:published_time":"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-05-29T13:29:19+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"HFSS Modeling | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Dear Sirs,in the design of a HFSS model of a particular RF component I have identified a couple of drawing problems that I summarize below.Drawing a curve of the type &quot;x = a z^2 + b z&quot;, ranging from a zmin0, I verified that this curve, for z = 0, does not"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"369057","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:40:17","updated":"2024-10-28 16:40:17","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tHFSS Modeling\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"HFSS Modeling","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/hfss-modeling-2\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["349742","28551"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.216.133.166"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["247"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["369057"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27793"],"_bbp_engagement":["28551","349742"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["369585"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["369585"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-06-03 13:42:19"]},"test":"francesco-mirizzioutlook-it"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/369057","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/369057\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=369057"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}