


{"id":366471,"date":"2024-05-10T21:46:40","date_gmt":"2024-05-10T21:46:40","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/"},"modified":"2024-05-10T21:46:40","modified_gmt":"2024-05-10T21:46:40","slug":"slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/","title":{"rendered":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let&#8217;s say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface appears on the first surface and the heat flux is applied again to the second surface, for another 10 seconds. This process continues until the 7th surface.<\/p>\n<p>I looked into tutorials to have the cyinder sliced and automate the appearance on the surface of previous cylinder, but couldn&#8217;t find anything. Any guidance or help will be appreciated.<\/p>\n<p>Here is a video on youtube but it is for Abaqus: https:\/\/youtu.be\/R7b3psTrhWs?t=2077<\/p>\n<p>Thank you!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-366471","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-mechanicalworkbench-1","topic-tag-thermal-radiation-1","topic-tag-3DTransientThermal-1","topic-tag-ansys-mechanical","topic-tag-ansys-transient-thermal-2","topic-tag-APDLthermal-1","topic-tag-heat-trasnfer"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let&#039;s say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let&#039;s say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let&#039;s say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-mechanical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ansys-mechanical\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-mechanical\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\\\/\",\"name\":\"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let's say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let's say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/#listItem","name":"ansys-mechanical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ansys-mechanical","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/#listItem","name":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/#listItem","name":"ansys-mechanical"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/","name":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let's say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00","dateModified":"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let's say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/","article:published_time":"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-05-10T21:46:40+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I want to simulate transient thermal analysis in Ansys Mechanical. I have a cylinder with a diameter of 35mm, which I want to divide into 7 parts of 5mm each. Then, I want to apply heat flux to the first surface for, let's say, 10 seconds. Afterward, the heat flux stops, and the second surface"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"366471","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:42:42","updated":"2024-10-28 16:42:42","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/\" title=\"ansys-mechanical\">ansys-mechanical<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tSlicing and adding another surface after a certain time\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ansys-mechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-mechanical\/"},{"label":"Slicing and adding another surface after a certain time","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/slicing-and-adding-another-surface-after-a-certain-time\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["2896","99"],"_bbp_author_ip":["184.24.96.207"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["410"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["366471"],"_bbp_forum_id":["275024"],"_bbp_engagement":["99","2896"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["366949"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["366949"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-05-15 12:57:19"]},"test":"ryadav4ncsu-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/366471","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/366471\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=366471"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}