


{"id":366081,"date":"2024-05-08T12:43:48","date_gmt":"2024-05-08T12:43:48","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/"},"modified":"2024-05-08T12:43:48","modified_gmt":"2024-05-08T12:43:48","slug":"mesh-refinement-in-fluent","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/","title":{"rendered":"mesh refinement in Fluent"},"content":{"rendered":"<p><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">Hello everyone,<\/span><\/p>\n<p><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh?&nbsp;<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">Specifically,&nbsp;<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">I&#8217;m curious<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">&nbsp;if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original&nbsp;<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">mesh,<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">&nbsp;or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual cell refinement.<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">&nbsp;<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">Essentially,<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">&nbsp;<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">I&#8217;m wondering<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">&nbsp;if the level of refinement changes from iteration to iteration until the maximum cell length&nbsp;<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">is reached<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">.<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">&nbsp;<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">Can you please<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">&nbsp;clarify this for m<\/span><span data-preserver-spaces=\"true\">e?<\/span><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-366081","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-adaptivemesh-2","topic-tag-mesh-refinement"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I&#039;m curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"mesh refinement in Fluent | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I&#039;m curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"mesh refinement in Fluent | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I&#039;m curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mesh-refinement\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mesh-refinement\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mesh-refinement\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"mesh-refinement\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mesh-refinement\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mesh refinement in Fluent\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"mesh refinement in Fluent\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mesh-refinement\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mesh-refinement\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\\\/\",\"name\":\"mesh refinement in Fluent | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I'm curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"mesh refinement in Fluent | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I'm curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mesh-refinement\/#listItem","name":"mesh-refinement"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mesh-refinement\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"mesh-refinement","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mesh-refinement\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/#listItem","name":"mesh refinement in Fluent"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"mesh refinement in Fluent","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mesh-refinement\/#listItem","name":"mesh-refinement"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/","name":"mesh refinement in Fluent | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I'm curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00","dateModified":"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"mesh refinement in Fluent | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I'm curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/","article:published_time":"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-05-08T12:43:48+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"mesh refinement in Fluent | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the mesh refinement in Fluent. Is the level of refinement set globally, or is it determined based on how frequently Fluent adapts the mesh? Specifically, I'm curious if the level of refinement is always the same when starting from the original mesh, or if it changes based on the number of iterations and individual"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"366081","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:43:11","updated":"2024-10-28 16:43:11","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mesh-refinement\/\" title=\"mesh-refinement\">mesh-refinement<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tmesh refinement in Fluent\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"mesh-refinement","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mesh-refinement\/"},{"label":"mesh refinement in Fluent","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mesh-refinement-in-fluent\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["341799","199"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.192.127.5"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["591"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["366081"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","341799"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["366127"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["366127"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-05-08 14:56:07"]},"test":"claudedavid-spirgifhnw-ch"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/366081","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/366081\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=366081"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}