


{"id":365692,"date":"2024-05-06T14:57:05","date_gmt":"2024-05-06T14:57:05","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/"},"modified":"2024-05-06T14:57:05","modified_gmt":"2024-05-06T14:57:05","slug":"temperature-profile","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/","title":{"rendered":"temperature profile"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the wall?&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Afterwards I implemented the temperature profile again in a new case and it didn&#8217;t gave me the temperature distibution is was expecting when I plotted &#8216;wall temperature&#8217;. Is it possible that the contour plot is lagging in some kind of way? That I first need to run it for a couple of timesteps before this profile really shows in the wall temperature contour plot?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-365692","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"temperature profile | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"temperature profile | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/temperature-profile\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/temperature-profile\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"temperature profile\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/temperature-profile\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"temperature profile\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/temperature-profile\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/temperature-profile\\\/\",\"name\":\"temperature profile | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/temperature-profile\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"temperature profile | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/#listItem","name":"temperature profile"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"temperature profile","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/","name":"temperature profile | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00","dateModified":"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"temperature profile | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/","article:published_time":"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-05-06T14:57:05+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"temperature profile | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I am implementing a temperature profile on a wall (shell conduction). My first simulation worked fine, I could see the temperature distribution on the wall as I expected it to be. After 3 seconds of flow time, I saw the wall temperature got uniform. Can this be possible because of the material (aluminum) of the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"365692","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:43:35","updated":"2024-10-28 16:43:35","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\ttemperature profile\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"temperature profile","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/temperature-profile\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["37826","199"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.216.133.155"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["213"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["365692"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","37826"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["365855"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["365855"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-05-07 13:07:01"]},"test":"simon-lejonugent-be"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/365692","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/365692\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=365692"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}