


{"id":364510,"date":"2024-04-27T08:16:06","date_gmt":"2024-04-27T08:16:06","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/"},"modified":"2024-04-27T08:16:06","modified_gmt":"2024-04-27T08:16:06","slug":"best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/","title":{"rendered":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q &gt; 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if even power monitors can detect that low of the energy drop. With the FSR of 200GHz, the ring has a radius of approx. 100um which also makes it all complicated.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-364510","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q &gt; 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q &gt; 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q &gt; 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\\\/\",\"name\":\"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q > 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q > 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/#listItem","name":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/","name":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q > 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00","dateModified":"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q &gt; 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/","article:published_time":"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-04-27T08:16:06+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi, I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to simulate an ultra-high Q factor ring resonator. My target is Q &gt; 10^6, which corresponds to the FWHM of approximately 1pm. I am not entirely sure if i can set up the simulation to have such a high resolution or if"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"364510","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:44:52","updated":"2024-10-28 16:44:52","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tBest approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Best approach for simulating UHQ ring resonator","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/best-approach-for-simulating-uhq-ring-resonator\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["74832"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.192.127.5"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["206"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["364510"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_engagement":["74832"],"_bbp_voice_count":["1"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["364572"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["364572"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-04-28 10:55:21"]},"test":"m11202824mail-ntust-edu-tw"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/364510","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/364510\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=364510"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}