


{"id":363400,"date":"2024-04-22T06:29:10","date_gmt":"2024-04-22T06:29:10","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/"},"modified":"2024-04-22T06:29:10","modified_gmt":"2024-04-22T06:29:10","slug":"i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/","title":{"rendered":"I need to use light source for my project"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello everyone!<\/p>\n<p>In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the 2D material, it is not reflecting the properties of it. Its conductivity is always constant for any wavelength of the source? How to add GeSe?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-363400","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"I need to use light source for my project | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"I need to use light source for my project | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"I need to use light source for my project\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"I need to use light source for my project\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\\\/\",\"name\":\"I need to use light source for my project | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"I need to use light source for my project | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/#listItem","name":"I need to use light source for my project"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"I need to use light source for my project","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/","name":"I need to use light source for my project | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00","dateModified":"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"I need to use light source for my project | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/","article:published_time":"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-04-22T06:29:10+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"I need to use light source for my project | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello everyone!In my project, I need to design a THz modulator incorporating 2D-material (germanium selenide (GeSe) in my case) which is sensitive to light. For the light source what is the source I need to use in FDTD simulation? Can I use plane wave and gaussian source together in the simulation? Also while adding the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"363400","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:46:02","updated":"2024-10-28 16:46:02","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tI need to use light source for my project\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"I need to use light source for my project","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/i-need-to-use-light-source-for-my-project\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["344589","2592"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.206.193.146"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["117"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["363400"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_engagement":["2592","344589"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["363704"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["363704"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-04-23 12:08:11"]},"test":"crf222643iitd-ac-in"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/363400","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/363400\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=363400"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}