


{"id":362754,"date":"2024-04-17T16:41:13","date_gmt":"2024-04-17T16:41:13","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/"},"modified":"2024-04-22T14:36:01","modified_gmt":"2024-04-22T14:36:01","slug":"modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/","title":{"rendered":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.<\/p>\n<p>Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn&#8217;t do (I don&#8217;t think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor bonded. Should I model another thin layer of lower strength material which is bonded to the others?<\/p>\n<p>Thank you very much, any help would be much appreciated.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-362754","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-3d-printing","topic-tag-additive-manufacturing","topic-tag-concrete","topic-tag-modelling"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I&#039;m trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I&#039;m wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn&#039;t do (I don&#039;t think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I&#039;m trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I&#039;m wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn&#039;t do (I don&#039;t think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-04-17T16:41:13+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-04-22T14:36:01+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I&#039;m trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I&#039;m wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn&#039;t do (I don&#039;t think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/additive-manufacturing\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"additive-manufacturing\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/additive-manufacturing\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"additive-manufacturing\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/additive-manufacturing\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/additive-manufacturing\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"additive-manufacturing\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\\\/\",\"name\":\"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I'm trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I'm wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn't do (I don't think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-04-17T16:41:13+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-04-22T14:36:01+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I'm trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I'm wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn't do (I don't think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/additive-manufacturing\/#listItem","name":"additive-manufacturing"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/additive-manufacturing\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"additive-manufacturing","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/additive-manufacturing\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/#listItem","name":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/additive-manufacturing\/#listItem","name":"additive-manufacturing"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/","name":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I'm trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I'm wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn't do (I don't think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-04-17T16:41:13+00:00","dateModified":"2024-04-22T14:36:01+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I'm trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I'm wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn't do (I don't think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/","article:published_time":"2024-04-17T16:41:13+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-04-22T14:36:01+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I'm trying to model how a sample of 3D printed concrete would react under certain loads.Because of how the printing works, inbetween each layer of concrete, the strength is somewhat lower.I'm wondering what the best way to model this is. It wouldn't do (I don't think) to model the surface between layers as frictional, nor"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"362754","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:46:42","updated":"2024-10-28 16:46:42","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/additive-manufacturing\/\" title=\"additive-manufacturing\">additive-manufacturing<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tModelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"additive-manufacturing","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/additive-manufacturing\/"},{"label":"Modelling inter-layer strength for 3D printed concrete","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modelling-inter-layer-strength-for-3d-printed-concrete\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["343909","88"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.52.43.88"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["1127"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_edit_lock":["1713796537:283010"],"_bbp_topic_id":["362754"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["88","343909"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["363666"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["363666"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-04-23 09:04:10"]},"test":"hkerr1sheffield-ac-uk"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/362754","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/362754\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":363545,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/362754\/revisions\/363545"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=362754"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}