


{"id":360561,"date":"2024-04-04T20:18:25","date_gmt":"2024-04-04T20:18:25","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/"},"modified":"2024-04-04T20:18:25","modified_gmt":"2024-04-04T20:18:25","slug":"current-release-2024-r1-license","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/","title":{"rendered":"Current Release &#8211; 2024 R1 License"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:<br \/>2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.<\/p>\n<p>I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I&#8217;ve never had to do more than update the license manager software and insert my new license. I&#8217;ve been working on this for the last 3 days with different computers with the same results.&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Management Center Log.&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>&#8220;The ANSYS License Management Center log file was not found at the following location:<br \/>C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\tools\\lmcenter\\logs\\ansyslmcenter.log&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>License Log<\/p>\n<p>14:42:26 (lmgrd) Server&#8217;s System Date and Time: Thu Apr 04 2024 14:42:26 Central Daylight Time<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) pid 35392<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) Changing message security level from -1 to 0<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) SLOG: Summary LOG statistics is enabled.<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) license manager: can&#8217;t initialize:Cannot find license file.<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) listed below. &nbsp;Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) or contact your software provider for a license file.<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) Filename: &#8220;C:\\flexlm\\license.dat&#8221;<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) License Path: &#8220;C:\\flexlm\\license.dat&#8221;<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) FlexNet Licensing error:-1,359<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) System Error:2 No such file or directory<br \/>14:42:26 (lmgrd) Using license file &#8220;C:\\flexlm\\license.dat&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-360561","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I&#039;ve\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Current Release \u2013 2024 R1 License | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I&#039;ve\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Current Release \u2013 2024 R1 License | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I&#039;ve\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/current-release-2024-r1-license\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/current-release-2024-r1-license\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Current Release &#8211; 2024 R1 License\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/current-release-2024-r1-license\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Current Release &#8211; 2024 R1 License\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/current-release-2024-r1-license\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/current-release-2024-r1-license\\\/\",\"name\":\"Current Release \\u2013 2024 R1 License | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\\\/04\\\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\\\flexlm\\\\ and the C:\\\\Program Files\\\\ANSYS Inc\\\\Shared Files\\\\licensing\\\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I've\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/current-release-2024-r1-license\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Current Release \u2013 2024 R1 License | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I've","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/#listItem","name":"Current Release &#8211; 2024 R1 License"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Current Release &#8211; 2024 R1 License","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/","name":"Current Release \u2013 2024 R1 License | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I've","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00","dateModified":"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Current Release \u2013 2024 R1 License | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I've","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/","article:published_time":"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-04-04T20:18:25+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Current Release \u2013 2024 R1 License | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, I am unable to add a license file with a freshly installed (no other flexlm servers) of 2024R1. The error I recieve is simply:2024\/04\/04 15:03:13: Error occurred while adding license file.I have manually installed the license.dat file in both C:\\flexlm\\ and the C:\\Program Files\\ANSYS Inc\\Shared Files\\licensing\\license_files folders with no change in error messages. I've"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"360561","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:50:26","updated":"2024-10-28 16:50:26","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tCurrent Release \u2013 2024 R1 License\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Current Release &#8211; 2024 R1 License","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/current-release-2024-r1-license\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["9601","16547"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.52.43.81"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["4970"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["360561"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27796"],"_bbp_engagement":["9601","16547"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["12"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["361814"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["361814"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-04-11 18:45:19"]},"test":"jwsidabrasmcw-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/360561","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/360561\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=360561"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}