


{"id":356469,"date":"2024-03-11T17:16:25","date_gmt":"2024-03-11T17:16:25","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/"},"modified":"2024-03-11T17:16:25","modified_gmt":"2024-03-11T17:16:25","slug":"how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/","title":{"rendered":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an &#8220;Out of RAM error&#8221;. I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet excitation.&nbsp; After the simulation was done, I defined a non-model plane which encompassed 16 by 16 antenna elements in the near field of my antenna array. However, the plotted E-field corresponds to one unit cell not the 16 by 16 antenna array. What should I do regarding this issue?<\/p>\n<p>Your help is highly appreciated!<\/p>\n<p>Kind regards,<\/p>\n<p>Nooshin<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-356469","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an &quot;Out of RAM error&quot;. I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an &quot;Out of RAM error&quot;. I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an &quot;Out of RAM error&quot;. I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\\\/\",\"name\":\"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an \\\"Out of RAM error\\\". I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an \"Out of RAM error\". I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/#listItem","name":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/","name":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an \"Out of RAM error\". I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00","dateModified":"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an &quot;Out of RAM error&quot;. I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/","article:published_time":"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-03-11T17:16:25+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I want to plot the near E-filed distribution of an 16by16 antenna array. If I want to define the array as an explicit array or finite array, it needs enormous RAM and I always get an &quot;Out of RAM error&quot;. I decided to realize this array by defining a unit cell and then introducing floquet"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"356469","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:54:48","updated":"2024-10-28 16:54:48","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tHow to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"How to plot the E-field distribution of an Infinite antenna array","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-plot-the-e-field-distribution-of-an-infinite-antenna-array\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["72789","109997"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.52.43.16"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["445"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_edit_lock":["1710341454:194025"],"_bbp_topic_id":["356469"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27793"],"_bbp_engagement":["72789","109997"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["357912"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["357912"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-03-19 14:02:21"]},"test":"valizadnmcmaster-ca"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/356469","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/356469\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=356469"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}