


{"id":356274,"date":"2024-03-11T05:44:07","date_gmt":"2024-03-11T05:44:07","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/"},"modified":"2024-03-11T05:44:07","modified_gmt":"2024-03-11T05:44:07","slug":"connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/","title":{"rendered":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled the pier with beam elements and the footing with brick (solid) elements. The pier is located at the center of the footing where there is no node at the top of the footing for direct connection, due to the mesh size and layout. I have tried using Constrained_Nodal_Rigid_Body to connect all the nodes at the top of the footing to the node at the bottom of the pier. The&nbsp; results obtained were not realistic, thus, I am wondering if there is another way to make this connection in LS-prepost.<\/p>\n<p>Thanks<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-356274","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Connecting beam elements to solid elements | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Connecting beam elements to solid elements | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Connecting beam elements to solid elements\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Connecting beam elements to solid elements\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\\\/\",\"name\":\"Connecting beam elements to solid elements | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/#listItem","name":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/","name":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00","dateModified":"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/","article:published_time":"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-03-11T05:44:07+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi,What is the best way to connect a beam element to a solid element in LS-prepost so that moments, shears and rotations are transfered at the interface? I am modelling a concrete pier that is connected to a concrete footing. The dynamic analysis is intended to remain within the linear elastic regime. I have modeled"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"356274","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:55:02","updated":"2024-10-28 16:55:02","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tConnecting beam elements to solid elements\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Connecting beam elements to solid elements","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/connecting-beam-elements-to-solid-elements\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["16315","58821"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.52.43.10"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["2485"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["356274"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27814"],"_bbp_engagement":["16315","58821"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["358713"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["358713"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-03-25 03:09:23"]},"test":"kozegbeemail-sc-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/356274","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/356274\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=356274"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}