


{"id":356073,"date":"2024-03-08T10:38:31","date_gmt":"2024-03-08T10:38:31","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/"},"modified":"2024-03-08T10:38:31","modified_gmt":"2024-03-08T10:38:31","slug":"automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/","title":{"rendered":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the memory and the program crashes.<\/p>\n<p>Instead, I tried to write a script which runs a single time step pressure and cable loads, then solves and exports the results. The script then updates the time step in the imported pressure module, and re-runs for all time steps.&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>I have discovered that my script is updating the time step and running the simulation each time, but it is not actually updating the load values for the Aqwa pressure or mooring loads for the time step it is on. I am getting the same results for all steps.<\/p>\n<p>What&#8217;s strange is that I have recorded the manual actions necessary to update the loads, which writes the corresponding script. However for some reason when executed the script will not do this automatically.<\/p>\n<p>Does anyone know if there is a way to ensure the imported Aqwa loads also update with the time step through scripting? Or could anyone suggest a better approach for automating this process?<\/p>\n<p>Thank you<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-356073","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-ansysaqwa","topic-tag-aqwa","topic-tag-autotimestepping-1","topic-tag-automation","topic-tag-hydrodynamic","topic-tag-imported-pressure-1","topic-tag-script"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aqwa\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"aqwa\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aqwa\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"aqwa\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aqwa\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aqwa\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"aqwa\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\\\/\",\"name\":\"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aqwa\/#listItem","name":"aqwa"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aqwa\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"aqwa","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aqwa\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/#listItem","name":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aqwa\/#listItem","name":"aqwa"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/","name":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00","dateModified":"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/","article:published_time":"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-03-08T10:38:31+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I have an Aqwa simulation which performs a 1-hour time domain analysis on a moored floating structure, with 0.5s time steps. I export the pressure and mooring load results from this into a Mechanical environment to run quasi-static simulations. I cannot run all time steps in one go, as my computer does not have the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"356073","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:55:17","updated":"2024-10-28 16:55:17","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aqwa\/\" title=\"aqwa\">aqwa<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tAutomation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"aqwa","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aqwa\/"},{"label":"Automation of Aqwa Load Simulations in Mechanical Using Scripts","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/automation-of-aqwa-load-simulations-in-mechanical-using-scripts\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["340873","183765"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.218.248.146"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["903"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["356073"],"_bbp_forum_id":["275024"],"_bbp_engagement":["183765","340873"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["356906"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["356906"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-03-13 15:58:04"]},"test":"james-taylorore-catapult-org-uk"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/356073","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/356073\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=356073"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}