


{"id":354943,"date":"2024-03-02T15:03:27","date_gmt":"2024-03-02T15:03:27","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/"},"modified":"2024-03-02T15:03:27","modified_gmt":"2024-03-02T15:03:27","slug":"external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/","title":{"rendered":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell, the UDF I am using&nbsp; (which is from the udf guide) is not applying these external forces but is applying the physical properties (Ixx, Iyy, Izz) to the body which then experiences a gravity drop. I was hoping someone could look at this UDF and provide insight into why the external forces are not being applied. My time step is 0.01. It appears that the Z displacement that I want the external forces to be acting before is not met until appx. 9 time steps. Below is a copy of the UDF I am trying to use:<\/p>\n<div>\n<div>\/*******************************************************<\/div>\n<div>SDOF property compiled UDF with external forces\/moments<\/div>\n<div>*******************************************************\/<\/div>\n<div>#include &#8220;udf.h&#8221;<\/div>\n<p><\/p>\n<div>DEFINE_SDOF_PROPERTIES(delta_missile, prop, dt, time, dtime)<\/div>\n<div>{<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_MASS] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; = 907.185;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_IXX] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;= 27.116;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_IYY] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;= 488.094;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_IZZ] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;= 488.094;<\/div>\n<p><\/p>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;\/* add injector forces, moments *\/<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;{<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;register real dfront = fabs (DT_CG (dt)[2] &#8211;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (0.179832*DT_THETA (dt)[1]));<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;register real dback &nbsp;= fabs (DT_CG (dt)[2] +<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (0.329184*DT_THETA (dt)[1]));<\/div>\n<p><\/p>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;if (dfront &lt;= 0.100584)<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;{<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_LOAD_F_Z] = 10676.0;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_LOAD_M_Y] = -1920.0;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;}<\/div>\n<p><\/p>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;if (dback &lt;= 0.100584)<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;{<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_LOAD_F_Z] += 42703.0;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;prop[SDOF_LOAD_M_Y] += 14057.0;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;}<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;}<\/div>\n<p><\/p>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;printf (&#8220;\\ndelta_missile: updated 6DOF properties&#8221;);<\/div>\n<div>}<\/div>\n<\/div>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-354943","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-dynamic-mesh","topic-tag-udf"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"udf\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"udf\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"udf\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\\\/\",\"name\":\"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/#listItem","name":"udf"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"udf","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/#listItem","name":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/#listItem","name":"udf"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/","name":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00","dateModified":"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/","article:published_time":"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-03-02T15:03:27+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, I am using a UDF for a simple store separation case, where external forces should be applied to the CG while it is less than a certain Z displacement (0.1m). The reference frame is oriented at the CG, with axes consistent with the body frame orientation (Z down, X Fwd). From what I can tell,"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"354943","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:56:25","updated":"2024-10-28 16:56:25","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/\" title=\"udf\">udf<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\texternal forces UDF for store separation 6DOF\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"udf","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/"},{"label":"external forces UDF for store separation 6DOF","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/external-forces-udf-for-store-separation-6dof\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["340382","15180"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.52.43.16"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_bbp_likes_count":["1"],"_btv_view_count":["364"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["354943"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["15180","340382"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["355157"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["355157"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-03-04 13:15:00"]},"test":"msc0056auburn-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/354943","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/354943\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=354943"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}