


{"id":342965,"date":"2024-01-03T15:46:42","date_gmt":"2024-01-03T15:46:42","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/"},"modified":"2024-01-03T15:46:42","modified_gmt":"2024-01-03T15:46:42","slug":"icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/","title":{"rendered":"ICFD &#8211; Change of fluid velocity in domain based"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi guys,<\/p>\n<p>I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force that is generated by the parachute. First aproach did not work at all and created multiple numerical errors. Problem with the second approach is the delay of change of velocity on velocity inlet to the point when air reaches the parachute. I hope it makes sense the way I descibed it.<\/p>\n<p>I think that the best solution would be to have an option to change the velocity in whole domain like using UDF in fluent. Is there any way, how to achieve this thing?<\/p>\n<p>I would be eternally greatfull if anybody helps.&nbsp;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-342965","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"ICFD \u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"ICFD \u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ICFD &#8211; Change of fluid velocity in domain based\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ICFD &#8211; Change of fluid velocity in domain based\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\\\/\",\"name\":\"ICFD \\u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"ICFD \u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/#listItem","name":"ICFD &#8211; Change of fluid velocity in domain based"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ICFD &#8211; Change of fluid velocity in domain based","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/","name":"ICFD \u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00","dateModified":"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"ICFD \u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/","article:published_time":"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-01-03T15:46:42+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"ICFD \u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi guys,I am simulating parachute inflation and free fall. A do have a functional FSI simulation using ICFD, but the problem is that I need to change the vertical velocity in the whole domain to simulate change of fall speed. I tried multiple aproaches with IMPOSED_MOVE and changing value on velocity inlet based on force"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"342965","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:07:01","updated":"2024-10-28 17:07:01","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tICFD \u2013 Change of fluid velocity in domain based\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ICFD &#8211; Change of fluid velocity in domain based","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/icfd-change-of-fluid-velocity-in-domain-based\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["336303","523"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.52.43.88"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["301"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["342965"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27814"],"_bbp_engagement":["523","336303"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["343483"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["343483"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-01-06 06:46:55"]},"test":"xkaspa43vutbr-cz"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/342965","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/342965\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=342965"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}