


{"id":33674,"date":"2019-03-04T17:47:01","date_gmt":"2019-03-04T17:47:01","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/"},"modified":"2019-03-04T17:47:01","modified_gmt":"2019-03-04T17:47:01","slug":"extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/","title":{"rendered":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable"},"content":{"rendered":"<p><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">Dear All,<\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical &#8211; Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:<\/span><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.<\/span><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">Question1: I expect the pressure value on the external surface to be equal to the externally applied pressure. I noticed the variable (NLHPRE&nbsp; &#8211; Pressure) exists in the available quantities in workbench. So I used that but the reported pressure value from NLHPRE is not&nbsp;matching with the external pressure. What does the NLHPRE represent and how can I get the pressure value at the external surface (matching with the applied pressure)?<\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">Question2: I would like to use the Commands (APDL) to get the normal vectors to the elements on the surfaces and calculate the traction. What would be the right commands to use and how can I implement that?&nbsp;<\/span><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">Thank you<\/span><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><br style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\"><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">Regards<\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p><span style=\"color: #333333; font-family: 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;\">Masoud<\/span><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-33674","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\\\/\",\"name\":\"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/#listItem","name":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/","name":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00","dateModified":"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/","article:published_time":"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00","article:modified_time":"2019-03-04T17:47:01+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Dear All, I have 2 questions faced when doing post-processing on a simple case in the ansys mechanical - Transient Structural (workbench) and I appreciate the help from ANSYS community:Assuming a simple hollow cylinder with both ends fixed. I apply a pressure on the external surface and run the model.Question1: I expect the pressure value"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"33674","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 23:25:14","updated":"2024-10-28 23:25:14","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tExtracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Extracting the normal unit vectors of elements using Command (APDL) and use of the NLHPRE variable","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-the-normal-unit-vectors-of-elements-using-command-apdl-and-use-of-the-nlhpre-variable\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_old_topic_id":["5846"],"_bbp_old_topic_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_topic_anonymous_id":["false"],"_bbp_old_closed_status_id":["publish"],"_bbp_author_ip":[null],"_bbp_old_sticky_status_id":["normal"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0","0","0","0","0"],"_btv_view_count":["2951"],"_bbp_subscription":["294224"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["33674"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["160648","163141","175276","294224"],"_bbp_voice_count":["4"],"_bbp_reply_count":["6"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["308399"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["308399"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-09-25 13:02:52"]},"test":"mmoghaddam"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/33674","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/33674\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=33674"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}