


{"id":318360,"date":"2023-11-19T21:55:53","date_gmt":"2023-11-19T21:55:53","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/"},"modified":"2023-11-19T21:55:53","modified_gmt":"2023-11-19T21:55:53","slug":"error-with-mesh-deformation","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/","title":{"rendered":"Error with Mesh Deformation"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I&#8217;m trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below). The code compiles, loads, and runs without issue but when I try to Preview Mesh Motion, there is absolutely no change to the mesh at all and I&#8217;m stumped, can anyone help me out?&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>UDF:<\/p>\n<div>#include &#8220;udf.h&#8221;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>DEFINE_GRID_MOTION(deform_mesh, domain, dt, time, dtime)<\/div>\n<div>{<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; real amplitude = 10.0;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; real frequency = 60;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; real displacement_x = amplitude * sin(2.0 * M_PI * frequency * time);<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; real displacement_y = amplitude * cos(2.0 * M_PI * frequency * time);<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; real displacement_z = amplitude * sin(2.0 * M_PI * frequency * time);<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; Thread *t;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; Node *v;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; \/* Loop over all nodes in the domain *\/<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; thread_loop_nodes(t, domain)<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; {<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; begin_node_loop(v, t)<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; real coord[ND_ND];<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; NV_V(coord, =, NODE_COORD(v));<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; coord[0] += displacement_x;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; coord[1] += displacement_y;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; coord[2] += displacement_z;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; NV_S(NODE_COORD(v), =, coord);<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; }<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end_node_loop(v, t)<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; }<\/div>\n<div>}<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>I imported this UDF and assigned it to the interior zone of the heart (I also tried using it with the wall, just to make sure that wasn&#8217;t my issue). From there, I tried to Preview and have tried multiple time steps, frequencies, amplitudes, etc to no avail. I&#8217;ve also tried making the mesh more\/less refined. Here is an example of what I see when I run the Preview, there is no change in any of the numbers except for the time:&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>&nbsp;<\/div>\n<div>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.67700e+03 (step = 00180)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.70700e+03 (step = 00181)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.73700e+03 (step = 00182)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.76700e+03 (step = 00183)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.79700e+03 (step = 00184)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.82700e+03 (step = 00185)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.85700e+03 (step = 00186)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.88700e+03 (step = 00187)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.91700e+03 (step = 00188)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<p>Updating mesh to time 4.94700e+03 (step = 00189)&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>Dynamic Mesh Statistics:<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Volume = 5.44652e-15<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Volume = 3.02548e-08<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Cell Skew = 9.76395e-01 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: maximum cell skewness exceeds 0.95.<\/p>\n<p>Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 2.36051e-02 (cell zone 3)<\/p>\n<p>Warning: minimum orthogonal quality less than 0.05.<\/p>\n<p>Maximum Face Skew = 8.78838e-01 (face zone 1)<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>done.<\/p>\n<\/div>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-318360","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-adaptivemesh-2","topic-tag-fluent-cfd-ansys-1","topic-tag-dynamic-mesh","topic-tag-mesh","topic-tag-udf"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi,I&#039;m new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I&#039;m trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below).\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Error with Mesh Deformation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi,I&#039;m new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I&#039;m trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below).\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Error with Mesh Deformation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi,I&#039;m new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I&#039;m trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below).\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/error-with-mesh-deformation\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"udf\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"udf\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/error-with-mesh-deformation\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Error with Mesh Deformation\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/error-with-mesh-deformation\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Error with Mesh Deformation\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/udf\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"udf\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/error-with-mesh-deformation\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/error-with-mesh-deformation\\\/\",\"name\":\"Error with Mesh Deformation | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi,I'm new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I'm trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below).\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/error-with-mesh-deformation\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Error with Mesh Deformation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I'm new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I'm trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below).","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/#listItem","name":"udf"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"udf","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/#listItem","name":"Error with Mesh Deformation"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Error with Mesh Deformation","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/#listItem","name":"udf"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/","name":"Error with Mesh Deformation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I'm new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I'm trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below).","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00","dateModified":"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Error with Mesh Deformation | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi,I'm new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I'm trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below).","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/","article:published_time":"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-11-19T21:55:53+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Error with Mesh Deformation | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi,I'm new to Ansys Fluent and am trying to learn how to deform a mesh. Specifically, I have a chamber of the heart that I need to contract with each heartbeat. I'm trying to start simple by just having the mesh undergo deformations in all 3 axes using a sinusoidal function (see the code below)."},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"318360","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:32:59","updated":"2024-10-28 17:32:59","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/\" title=\"udf\">udf<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tError with Mesh Deformation\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"udf","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/udf\/"},{"label":"Error with Mesh Deformation","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/error-with-mesh-deformation\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["302528","13659"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.206.193.146"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["447"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["318360"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["13659","302528"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["318496"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["318496"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-11-20 13:20:56"]},"test":"attanay1msu-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/318360","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/318360\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=318360"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}