


{"id":317493,"date":"2023-11-13T19:00:56","date_gmt":"2023-11-13T19:00:56","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/"},"modified":"2023-11-13T19:00:56","modified_gmt":"2023-11-13T19:00:56","slug":"importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/","title":{"rendered":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.<\/p>\n<p>Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.<\/p>\n<p>The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is a 2D solid where steel girders have thickness, while in Static structural, the steel girders have been transformed into shells.<\/p>\n<p>Therefore, when importing the pressures from the thick-girder to the midsurface-girder I am encountering some errors.<\/p>\n<p>The problem is that in Fluent each girder undergoes pressure from both sides, while in Static structrual midsurface-girders only import from one side (ignoring the other side&#8217;s pressures).<\/p>\n<p>This has also been raised in the following links, but I have no solution for this:<\/p>\n<ul>\n<li>\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pressure-difference-of-two-faces\/<\/li>\n<li>\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bridge-bearing-modelling-in-static-structural\/<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-317493","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-csv-1","topic-tag-fluent","topic-tag-structual"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"fluent\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\\\/\",\"name\":\"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"fluent","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/#listItem","name":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/","name":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00","dateModified":"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/","article:published_time":"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-11-13T19:00:56+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I am working with a girder bridge. Firstly, I have performed a 2D Fluent simulation to obtain hydraulic pressures on the bridge deck. Then I exported these pressures as CSV.Now, I am using static structural, where I have imported the pressures and assigned them to the bridge.The thing is that in Fluent, the bridge is"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"317493","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:33:54","updated":"2024-10-28 17:33:54","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/\" title=\"fluent\">fluent<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tImporting pressures from Fluent to Static structural\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"fluent","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/"},{"label":"Importing pressures from Fluent to Static structural","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/importing-pressures-from-fluent-to-static-structural\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["2267","5977"],"_bbp_author_ip":["96.7.218.215"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["518"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["317493"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["2267","5977"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["317634"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["317634"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-11-14 15:49:43"]},"test":"pv00170surrey-ac-uk"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/317493","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/317493\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=317493"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}