


{"id":312587,"date":"2023-10-20T17:13:19","date_gmt":"2023-10-20T17:13:19","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/"},"modified":"2023-10-20T17:19:56","modified_gmt":"2023-10-20T17:19:56","slug":"heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/","title":{"rendered":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define the conduction heat transfer between the two UDS?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-312587","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"heat transfer between two user defined scalars | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-10-20T17:13:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-10-20T17:19:56+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"heat transfer between two user defined scalars | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"heat transfer between two user defined scalars\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"heat transfer between two user defined scalars\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\\\/\",\"name\":\"heat transfer between two user defined scalars | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\\\/coupled). Do I need to define\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-10-20T17:13:19+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-10-20T17:19:56+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/#listItem","name":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/","name":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-10-20T17:13:19+00:00","dateModified":"2023-10-20T17:19:56+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/","article:published_time":"2023-10-20T17:13:19+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-10-20T17:19:56+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi, I am researching a multi-phase porous non-equilibrium thermal model. It is a multilayer model. I have two adjacent zones (fluid) and two UDS defined for each zone. The UDS are to calculate the solid temperature of their respective zone. The wall interface between the two zones is shared (shadow\/coupled). Do I need to define"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"312587","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:39:24","updated":"2024-10-28 17:39:24","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\theat transfer between two user defined scalars\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"heat transfer between two user defined scalars","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/heat-transfer-between-two-user-defined-scalars\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["246968","199"],"_bbp_author_ip":["168.143.243.24"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["117"],"_edit_lock":["1697822173:172518"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["312587"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","246968"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["313095"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["313095"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-10-24 16:00:27"]},"test":"dgonga2uic-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/312587","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/312587\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=312587"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}