


{"id":310353,"date":"2023-10-06T10:41:38","date_gmt":"2023-10-06T10:41:38","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/"},"modified":"2023-10-07T05:26:34","modified_gmt":"2023-10-07T05:26:34","slug":"modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/","title":{"rendered":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello all,&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this mass artificially increase the stiffness ( But i don&#8217;t how much it should be) then last one is keeping all the major components on pcb with assigning a material properties, I need to use last one approach where i will keep major component on PCB but the issue here is what properties should i consider of these particular PCB Components , As we know PCB components like BGA or any ICs are made of different material so how do we actually assign material for these?<\/p>\n<p>Overall my question is regarding what properties we should assign to pcb board components , shall we assign property of package material or what&nbsp;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-310353","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-10-06T10:41:38+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-10-07T05:26:34+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\\\/\",\"name\":\"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-10-06T10:41:38+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-10-07T05:26:34+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/#listItem","name":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/","name":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-10-06T10:41:38+00:00","dateModified":"2023-10-07T05:26:34+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/","article:published_time":"2023-10-06T10:41:38+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-10-07T05:26:34+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello all, I am doing Modal analysis of PCB Board where board is populated with some components, I want to know how we should model this PCB Board with components. As per my reading there are few approaches like first one is removing all the component smearing the mas over the board, second one with this"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"310353","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:41:45","updated":"2024-10-28 17:41:45","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tModal Analysis of PCB Board with components\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Modal Analysis of PCB Board with components","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/modal-analysis-of-pcb-board-with-components\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["284329","13632"],"_bbp_author_ip":["96.7.218.223"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["541"],"_edit_lock":["1696656402:217291"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["310353"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["13632","284329"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["310483"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["310483"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-10-07 07:04:36"]},"test":"balaji-bpcoreel-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/310353","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/310353\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=310353"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}