


{"id":308638,"date":"2023-09-26T12:47:45","date_gmt":"2023-09-26T12:47:45","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/"},"modified":"2023-09-26T12:47:45","modified_gmt":"2023-09-26T12:47:45","slug":"plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/","title":{"rendered":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of&nbsp;<em><strong>computing <\/strong><\/em>the force on the shadow are in the same ballpark of that of the wall itself. But why should this be? Is not the shadow on the solid side and thus out of contact with fluid (or not so because of wall being zero-thickness)?<\/p>\n<p>Thanks<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-308638","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-plotting-results","topic-tag-wall-shadow"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/plotting-results\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"plotting-results\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/plotting-results\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"plotting-results\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/plotting-results\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow?\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/plotting-results\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"plotting-results\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\\\/\",\"name\":\"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/plotting-results\/#listItem","name":"plotting-results"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/plotting-results\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"plotting-results","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/plotting-results\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/#listItem","name":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow?"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/plotting-results\/#listItem","name":"plotting-results"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/","name":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00","dateModified":"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/","article:published_time":"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-09-26T12:47:45+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I have a zero-thickness wall that is encompassed in fluid domain and merged with it. Expectably, there is a shadow wall associated with it. My question is when report-plotting, say, the force on the wall itself, should I include the shadow wall too as a surface or leave it out? Results of computing the force on"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"308638","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:43:21","updated":"2024-10-28 17:43:21","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/plotting-results\/\" title=\"plotting-results\">plotting-results<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tPlot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"plotting-results","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/plotting-results\/"},{"label":"Plot on Merged Zero-Thickness Wall Enclosed in Fluid or its Shadow?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/plot-on-merged-zero-thickness-wall-enclosed-in-fluid-or-its-shadow\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["130676","18096"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.206.193.154"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["490"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["308638"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["18096","130676"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["309109"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["309109"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-09-27 15:05:34"]},"test":"sardar-svngmail-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/308638","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/308638\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=308638"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}