


{"id":306703,"date":"2023-09-13T16:36:57","date_gmt":"2023-09-13T16:36:57","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/"},"modified":"2023-09-13T16:36:57","modified_gmt":"2023-09-13T16:36:57","slug":"how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/","title":{"rendered":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4 values, rather than just 2?<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Thanks,<\/p>\n<p>Luigi<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-306703","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\\\/\",\"name\":\"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/#listItem","name":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/","name":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00","dateModified":"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/","article:published_time":"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-09-13T16:36:57+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"306703","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:45:20","updated":"2024-10-28 17:45:20","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tHow to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"How to add more than 2 states in the discretization step of topology optimizatio","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-add-more-than-2-states-in-the-discretization-step-of-topology-optimizatio\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["293428","2592"],"_bbp_author_ip":["96.7.218.215"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_bbp_likes_count":["1"],"_btv_view_count":["133"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["306703"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_engagement":["2592","293428"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["306869"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["306869"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-09-14 17:13:44"]},"test":"lrannomit-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/306703","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/306703\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=306703"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}