


{"id":305346,"date":"2023-09-07T15:19:19","date_gmt":"2023-09-07T15:19:19","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/"},"modified":"2023-09-14T15:28:30","modified_gmt":"2023-09-14T15:28:30","slug":"encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/","title":{"rendered":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi all,<\/p>\n<p>I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo.&nbsp; I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution.&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>However, when I changed the loading condition to <strong>thermal loading only<\/strong> (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages: <br \/>many lines of &#8220;Creep algorithm did not converge for element number XXX with material number 1 and Creep model number 8.&#8221;<br \/>and followed by &#8220;The unconverged solution (identified as time XXX substep 999999) is output for analysis debug purposes. &nbsp;Results should not be used for any other purpose&#8221;.<\/p>\n<p>I tried with smaller time steps but it did not solve the problem.&nbsp; Later, I set the temperature in each time step to be 20&deg;C which is identical to the initial temperature.&nbsp; The error messages remained the same.<\/p>\n<p>Does anyone have a similar experience and knows how to solve it?&nbsp; Any help will be greatly appreciated.<\/p>\n<p>Thank you.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-305346","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-anisotropic","topic-tag-creep","topic-tag-error","topic-tag-hill-1","topic-tag-Staticstructure-1"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-09-07T15:19:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-09-14T15:28:30+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/creep\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"creep\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/creep\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"creep\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/creep\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo)\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo)\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/creep\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"creep\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\\\/\",\"name\":\"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo) | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-09-07T15:19:19+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-09-14T15:28:30+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/creep\/#listItem","name":"creep"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/creep\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"creep","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/creep\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/#listItem","name":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo)"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo)","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/creep\/#listItem","name":"creep"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/","name":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-09-07T15:19:19+00:00","dateModified":"2023-09-14T15:28:30+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo) | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/","article:published_time":"2023-09-07T15:19:19+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-09-14T15:28:30+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo) | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi all,I tried to simulate anisotropic creep behavior using Hill Yield Criterion + Generalized Garofalo. I was able to do the simulation under mechanical (displacement) loading, and the result matched the analytical solution. However, when I changed the loading condition to thermal loading only (also applied anisotropic CTE to the model), the model showed error messages:"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"305346","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:46:36","updated":"2024-10-28 17:46:36","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/creep\/\" title=\"creep\">creep<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tEncountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo)\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"creep","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/creep\/"},{"label":"Encountered error for Anisotropic creep simulation (Hill+Garofalo)","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/encountered-error-for-anisotropic-creep-simulation-hillgarofalo\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["17545","88","99"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.206.193.146"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["886"],"_edit_lock":["1694705213:185478"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["305346"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["88","99","17545"],"_bbp_voice_count":["3"],"_bbp_reply_count":["8"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["309312"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["309312"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-09-28 16:20:26"]},"test":"lomssumd-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/305346","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/305346\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=305346"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}