


{"id":304434,"date":"2023-08-31T18:10:30","date_gmt":"2023-08-31T18:10:30","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/"},"modified":"2023-08-31T18:54:15","modified_gmt":"2023-08-31T18:54:15","slug":"trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/","title":{"rendered":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.<\/p>\n<p>In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -&gt; CAD Parameters section and check the tick box for the particular parameter I want to modify. In addition, in the Solution Results -&gt; Equivalent Stress -&gt; Results section I am able to check the tick box for Maximum (result). When I go to Parameter set (back in workbench), I am able to designate different design points for the dimension.<\/p>\n<p>When I click Update All Design Points, I get a message for every point that isn&#8217;t the &#8220;current&#8221; one which reads, &#8220;(DP 1) The Model component in Mechanical Model for Design Point 1 requires user input before it can be updated. For instructions on how to address the cell in its current state, click the blue triangle in the lower right corner of the cell in the Project Schematic.&#8221; When I attempt to click the blue triangle in the lower right corner of the cell in the Project Schematic all it says is, All data is up to date and no attention is required.<\/p>\n<p>I don&#8217;t understand what I am missing regarding this. I tried changing the parameter to the material assignment, changed those around in the parameter set menu, and it was able to calculate the max stress for the different cases no problem. I also tried a simplified model of just a single component and a single force, and it too worked fine. Is there some setting that I am forgetting to turn on or off or something? Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.<\/p>\n<p>I am using Workbench\/Mechanical, 2022R2. Normal (not-student) license. Windows 10. 4 core CPU, 64Gb RAM, idk what other info one might need regarding the machine I&#8217;m running ANSYS on.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-304434","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-ansys-and-solidworks","topic-tag-ansys-mechanical","topic-tag-designpoints","topic-tag-parameter","topic-tag-solidworks","topic-tag-workbench"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -&gt; CAD Parameters section and check the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Trouble with design points and parameter sets | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -&gt; CAD Parameters section and check the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-08-31T18:10:30+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-08-31T18:54:15+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Trouble with design points and parameter sets | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -&gt; CAD Parameters section and check the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/workbench\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"workbench\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/workbench\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"workbench\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/workbench\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Trouble with design points and parameter sets\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Trouble with design points and parameter sets\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/workbench\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"workbench\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\\\/\",\"name\":\"Trouble with design points and parameter sets | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -> CAD Parameters section and check the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-08-31T18:10:30+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-08-31T18:54:15+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -> CAD Parameters section and check the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/workbench\/#listItem","name":"workbench"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/workbench\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"workbench","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/workbench\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/#listItem","name":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/workbench\/#listItem","name":"workbench"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/","name":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -> CAD Parameters section and check the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-08-31T18:10:30+00:00","dateModified":"2023-08-31T18:54:15+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -&gt; CAD Parameters section and check the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/","article:published_time":"2023-08-31T18:10:30+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-08-31T18:54:15+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello. I am attempting to use parameters to try different cases on my model. I want to see what the stress response is if I change one or two dimension(s) in the model.In Mechanical, I am able to find the dimension I wish to parameterize in the Geometry -&gt; CAD Parameters section and check the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"304434","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:47:31","updated":"2024-10-28 17:47:31","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/workbench\/\" title=\"workbench\">workbench<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tTrouble with design points and parameter sets\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"workbench","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/workbench\/"},{"label":"Trouble with design points and parameter sets","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/trouble-with-design-points-and-parameter-sets\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["65888"],"_bbp_author_ip":["104.102.248.196"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["4569"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["304434"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["65888"],"_bbp_voice_count":["1"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["304442"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["304442"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-08-31 18:54:08"]},"test":"jbettingergandh-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/304434","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/304434\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=304434"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}