


{"id":301729,"date":"2023-08-16T15:21:50","date_gmt":"2023-08-16T15:21:50","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/"},"modified":"2023-08-16T15:21:50","modified_gmt":"2023-08-16T15:21:50","slug":"simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/","title":{"rendered":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I am struggling to perform the following load steps :<\/p>\n<ul>\n<li>A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.<\/li>\n<li>First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.<\/li>\n<li>Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure and make it flat (initial loads are still applied)<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<p>I modelized it with a translational joint, on which I apply a joint load of type displacement during step 2. Unfortunately I think I fail to understand the correct use of this function because no displacement is made during step2.<\/p>\n<p>Is there a better approach, or is my model possible and why is it failing in your opinion ?<\/p>\n<p>Thanks a lot for your help.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-301729","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\\\/\",\"name\":\"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/#listItem","name":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/","name":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00","dateModified":"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/","article:published_time":"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-08-16T15:21:50+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi,I am struggling to perform the following load steps :A top structure is resting on a bottom structure. Between the 2 I have actuators. Bottom structure is on the ground.First step, loads (forces) are applied on the top structure. Both structure will deflect.Then, we want to crank up the actuators to level the top structure"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"301729","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:50:07","updated":"2024-10-28 17:50:07","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tSimulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Simulate a jack displacement between 2 bodies after a load step","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulate-a-jack-displacement-between-2-bodies-after-a-load-step\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["283976","32680"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.206.193.154"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["377"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["301729"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["32680","283976"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["301871"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["301871"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-08-17 09:38:58"]},"test":"bob1234tuta-io"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/301729","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/301729\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=301729"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}