


{"id":300956,"date":"2023-08-10T18:53:49","date_gmt":"2023-08-10T18:53:49","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/"},"modified":"2023-08-10T18:53:49","modified_gmt":"2023-08-10T18:53:49","slug":"ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/","title":{"rendered":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>ANSYS FLUENT<\/p>\n<p>I am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I am getting from ANSYS is wrong, it is too high because the enthalpy comprises of the latent heat and the sensible heat, but the sensible heat is higher than the latent heat which doesn&#8217;t make sense. I am using mass integral of enthalpy to find it. How can I find the accurate value of the enthalpy in FLUENT. The current value I am getting is very high and wrong.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-300956","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\\\/\",\"name\":\"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/#listItem","name":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/","name":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00","dateModified":"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/","article:published_time":"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-08-10T18:53:49+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"ANSYS FLUENTI am running a 2D simulation which comprises of an air layer on top of a PCM layer with three water inlets at the top.When the simulation starts, the water comes in to melt the PCM. I want to calculate the enthalpy of the PCM when it starts to melt but the value I"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"300956","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:51:01","updated":"2024-10-28 17:51:01","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ANSYS FLUENT ENTHALPY CALCULATION","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-fluent-enthalpy-calculation\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["254461","199"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.206.193.146"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["920"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["300956"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","254461"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["301040"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["301040"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-08-11 08:28:21"]},"test":"ovm0002auburn-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/300956","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/300956\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=300956"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}