


{"id":295974,"date":"2023-08-01T18:17:07","date_gmt":"2023-08-01T18:17:07","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=295974"},"modified":"2023-08-01T18:20:41","modified_gmt":"2023-08-01T18:20:41","slug":"pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/","title":{"rendered":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal when I launch my scripts is pasted below: &#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212; File &#8220;C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.11_3.11.1264.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\\Lib\\subprocess.py&#8221;, line 1538, in _execute_child hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified &#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;<\/p>\n<p>I would really appreciate it any help in getting pyAEDT to work, as scripting is kind of indispensable to my workflow.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-295974","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-aedt","topic-tag-ansys-hfss","topic-tag-python-scripts-2"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-08-01T18:17:07+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-08-01T18:20:41+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aedt\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"aedt\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aedt\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"aedt\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aedt\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/aedt\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"aedt\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\\\/\",\"name\":\"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-08-01T18:17:07+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-08-01T18:20:41+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aedt\/#listItem","name":"aedt"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aedt\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"aedt","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aedt\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/#listItem","name":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aedt\/#listItem","name":"aedt"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/","name":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-08-01T18:17:07+00:00","dateModified":"2023-08-01T18:20:41+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/","article:published_time":"2023-08-01T18:17:07+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-08-01T18:20:41+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I had been using Ansys EDT (2022 R2) Student version + pyAEDT for scripting. This combination worked quite well for me until recently a prompt informed me that the license expired. So I reinstalled AEDT and now my scripts made with pyAEDT do not work with the software. The error I get in a terminal"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"295974","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:56:03","updated":"2024-10-28 17:56:03","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aedt\/\" title=\"aedt\">aedt<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tpyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"aedt","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/aedt\/"},{"label":"pyAEDT with Ansys EDT 2023.2 Student Version","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/pyaedt-with-ansys-edt-2023-2-student-version\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_author_ip":["23.206.193.150"],"_bbp_subscription":["290594","195"],"_btv_view_count":["1008"],"_edit_lock":["1690913878:226087"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["295974"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27796"],"_bbp_engagement":["195","290594"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["298125"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["298125"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-08-04 08:32:03"]},"test":"bgpillaincsu-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/295974","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/295974\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=295974"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}