


{"id":292544,"date":"2023-07-11T15:30:03","date_gmt":"2023-07-11T15:30:03","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/"},"modified":"2023-07-11T15:30:03","modified_gmt":"2023-07-11T15:30:03","slug":"unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/","title":{"rendered":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I&#8217;ve tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I&#8217;ve run out of things to try from the internet so any other things to try would be much appreciated!<\/p>\n<p>Error: Error in CAD Import<\/p>\n<p>Error Object: #f<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Error: Error occurred during import.<\/p>\n<p>Error Object: #f<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Error: Importing the selected file could not be completed. Check to make sure that the selected file format is supported. In addition, check to make sure the CAD Readers are properly configured for the format using the CAD Configuration Manager utility.<\/p>\n<p>Error Object: #f<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-292544","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I&#039;ve tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I&#039;ve run out of things\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I&#039;ve tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I&#039;ve run out of things\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I&#039;ve tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I&#039;ve run out of things\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\\\/\",\"name\":\"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I've tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I've run out of things\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I've tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I've run out of things","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/#listItem","name":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/","name":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I've tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I've run out of things","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00","dateModified":"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I've tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I've run out of things","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/","article:published_time":"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-07-11T15:30:03+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi,I have been unable to import any geometry when trying to use Ansys Mesher. I import the CAD file and get the error message below, and no geometry appears on screen. I've tried using many different file types, and ran the CAD configuration manager but none of this has helped. I've run out of things"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"292544","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 17:59:44","updated":"2024-10-28 17:59:44","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tUnable to import geometry into fluent mesher\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Unable to import geometry into fluent mesher","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unable-to-import-geometry-into-fluent-mesher\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["289136","8124"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.33.28.199"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["2102"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["292544"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27790"],"_bbp_engagement":["8124","289136"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["292711"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["292711"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-07-12 09:13:17"]},"test":"nts30bath-ac-uk"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/292544","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/292544\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=292544"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}