


{"id":289662,"date":"2023-06-21T01:59:10","date_gmt":"2023-06-21T01:59:10","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/"},"modified":"2023-06-21T08:18:44","modified_gmt":"2023-06-21T08:18:44","slug":"autodyn-charge-sph-define","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/","title":{"rendered":"Autodyn charge SPH define"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as &#8220;box&#8221; shape in which it&#8217;s dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.<\/p>\n<p>the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a &#8220;conical&#8221; shape, there is no tap for &#8220;conical&#8221; definition, it which i needed to use &#8220;cylinder&#8221; tap and tried to redefine the charge, it asked to enter some data like inner and outer radius along with the length. Now, the required volume of the charge after dividing the weight by the density of pentolite would be approximate to 670 cm3. In which, a cone volume would be pi x <em>radius^2 x <\/em>height.<\/p>\n<p>i picked a radius of 6.5 cm, and height of 5 cm<\/p>\n<p>entered the data as:&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>1- start outer radius = 65 mm<\/p>\n<p>2- end outer radious = 0.5 mm (since there is no &#8220;zero&#8221; value that can be entered&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>3- start inner radius = 0.1 mm (since there is no &#8220;zero&#8221; value that can be entered)<\/p>\n<p>4- end inner radius = 0.09 mm (since there is no &#8220;zero&#8221; value that can be entered)<\/p>\n<p>5- Length = 50 mm<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>everything is fine EXCEPT, I start running the model, but I notice that there is a dramatic drop in charge effect and force relative to defining the charge as a box. The question is, why? aren&#8217;t both charges having approximately the same weight? I can&#8217;t find where the problem is.<\/p>\n<p>Thanks,<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-289662","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-ansys-ls-dyna-1","topic-tag-ls-dyna","topic-tag-sph"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as &quot;box&quot; shape in which it&#039;s dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a &quot;conical&quot; shape, there is no tap\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Autodyn charge SPH define | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as &quot;box&quot; shape in which it&#039;s dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a &quot;conical&quot; shape, there is no tap\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-06-21T01:59:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-06-21T08:18:44+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Autodyn charge SPH define | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as &quot;box&quot; shape in which it&#039;s dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a &quot;conical&quot; shape, there is no tap\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/sph\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"sph\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/sph\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"sph\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/sph\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Autodyn charge SPH define\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Autodyn charge SPH define\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/sph\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"sph\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\\\/\",\"name\":\"Autodyn charge SPH define | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\\\/cm3). I tried to define it as \\\"box\\\" shape in which it's dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a \\\"conical\\\" shape, there is no tap\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-06-21T01:59:10+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-06-21T08:18:44+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Autodyn charge SPH define | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as \"box\" shape in which it's dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a \"conical\" shape, there is no tap","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/sph\/#listItem","name":"sph"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/sph\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"sph","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/sph\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/#listItem","name":"Autodyn charge SPH define"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Autodyn charge SPH define","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/sph\/#listItem","name":"sph"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/","name":"Autodyn charge SPH define | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as \"box\" shape in which it's dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a \"conical\" shape, there is no tap","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-06-21T01:59:10+00:00","dateModified":"2023-06-21T08:18:44+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Autodyn charge SPH define | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as &quot;box&quot; shape in which it's dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a &quot;conical&quot; shape, there is no tap","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/","article:published_time":"2023-06-21T01:59:10+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-06-21T08:18:44+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Autodyn charge SPH define | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I am trying to define a charge of 1140 gm weight of Pentolite (density = 1.7 gm\/cm3). I tried to define it as &quot;box&quot; shape in which it's dimensions were 75x75x120 mm3 (volume of the charge), everything is fine.the problem is, when I try to redefine it as a &quot;conical&quot; shape, there is no tap"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"289662","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:02:54","updated":"2024-10-28 18:02:54","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/sph\/\" title=\"sph\">sph<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tAutodyn charge SPH define\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"sph","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/sph\/"},{"label":"Autodyn charge SPH define","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/autodyn-charge-sph-define\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["284774","83"],"_bbp_author_ip":["168.143.243.14"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["655"],"_edit_lock":["1687335345:220423"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["289662"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["83","284774"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["291332"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["291332"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-07-03 17:02:56"]},"test":"ahmed-taherfue-edu-eg"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/289662","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/289662\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=289662"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}