


{"id":288614,"date":"2023-06-14T01:05:18","date_gmt":"2023-06-14T01:05:18","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/"},"modified":"2023-06-14T01:05:18","modified_gmt":"2023-06-14T01:05:18","slug":"speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/","title":{"rendered":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module &amp; a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural&#8217;s geometry.<\/p>\n<p>The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the &#8220;Share&#8221; option for the component containing these bodies to share topology (instead of the manual way via the ribbon menu).<\/p>\n<p>When I refresh workbench or open mechanical in order to update\/import the geometry into the static structural module it takes hours for the model to update. I suspect this is due to my large number of shared topology bodies. SpaceClaim must be running a background process to imprint and share topology, then &#8216;feed&#8217; that into mechanical.&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Is there a way to speed up the refresh time it takes for spaceclaim to do this? Is there any benefit from using Design Modeler instead? Any advice from the community? It just seems like the background process SpaceClaim is running is very slow.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-288614","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-shared-topology","topic-tag-spaceclaim"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module &amp; a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural&#039;s geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the &quot;Share&quot; option for the component containing\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module &amp; a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural&#039;s geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the &quot;Share&quot; option for the component containing\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module &amp; a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural&#039;s geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the &quot;Share&quot; option for the component containing\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/spaceclaim\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"spaceclaim\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/spaceclaim\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"spaceclaim\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/spaceclaim\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/spaceclaim\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"spaceclaim\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\\\/\",\"name\":\"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module & a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural's geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the \\\"Share\\\" option for the component containing\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module & a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural's geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the \"Share\" option for the component containing","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/spaceclaim\/#listItem","name":"spaceclaim"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/spaceclaim\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"spaceclaim","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/spaceclaim\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/#listItem","name":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/spaceclaim\/#listItem","name":"spaceclaim"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/","name":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module & a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural's geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the \"Share\" option for the component containing","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00","dateModified":"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module &amp; a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural's geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the &quot;Share&quot; option for the component containing","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/","article:published_time":"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-06-14T01:05:18+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"In Workbench I have a two modules, a geometry module &amp; a static structural module. The geometry module is linked to the static structural's geometry.The standalone geometry module is SpaceClaim geometry and consists of a large number of line bodies with shared topology to a surface. I use the &quot;Share&quot; option for the component containing"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"288614","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:04:06","updated":"2024-10-28 18:04:06","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/spaceclaim\/\" title=\"spaceclaim\">spaceclaim<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tSpeeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"spaceclaim","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/spaceclaim\/"},{"label":"Speeding Up Geometry Import to Mechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/speeding-up-geometry-import-to-mechanical\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["19694","200"],"_bbp_author_ip":["168.143.243.14"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["1273"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["288614"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27789"],"_bbp_engagement":["200","19694"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["288759"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["288759"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-06-14 15:59:05"]},"test":"oaraujomoriblueorigin-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/288614","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/288614\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=288614"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}