


{"id":287987,"date":"2023-06-09T17:33:55","date_gmt":"2023-06-09T17:33:55","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/"},"modified":"2023-06-09T17:33:55","modified_gmt":"2023-06-09T17:33:55","slug":"lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/","title":{"rendered":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that &#8220;It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is <a class=\"Hyperlink  BCX9 SCXW33096314\" href=\"https:\/\/support.lumerical.com\/hc\/en-us\/articles\/360034902433\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"noreferrer noopener\"><span class=\"TextRun Underlined  BCX9 SCXW33096314\"><span class=\"NormalTextRun  BCX9 SCXW33096314\">power coupling of guided modes<\/span><\/span><\/a>. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating order are not supported.&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Does this mean that lumopt right now is only available for waveguide optimizations? I was trying to use the lumopt for reducing scattering from a set of nanoparticles. So I was wondering if lumopt and adjoint optimization are applicable to other cases rather than waveguides and if yes, how can they be used because I did not see a non-waveguide example on the website?<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Thank you<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-287987","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-lumopt-1"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that &quot;It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that &quot;It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that &quot;It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumopt-1\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"lumopt\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumopt-1\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"lumopt\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumopt-1\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumopt-1\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"lumopt\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\\\/\",\"name\":\"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that \\\"It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that \"It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumopt-1\/#listItem","name":"lumopt"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumopt-1\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"lumopt","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumopt-1\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/#listItem","name":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumopt-1\/#listItem","name":"lumopt"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/","name":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that \"It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00","dateModified":"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that &quot;It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/","article:published_time":"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-06-09T17:33:55+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that &quot;It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"287987","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:04:39","updated":"2024-10-28 18:04:39","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumopt-1\/\" title=\"lumopt\">lumopt<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tlumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"lumopt","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumopt-1\/"},{"label":"lumopt use for non-waveguide adjoint optimization","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumopt-use-for-non-waveguide-adjoint-optimization\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["285154","2592"],"_bbp_author_ip":["96.7.218.215"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["268"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["287987"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_engagement":["2592","285154"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["288016"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["288016"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-06-09 21:05:36"]},"test":"yahya-mohtashamiovt-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/287987","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/287987\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=287987"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}