


{"id":286386,"date":"2023-05-30T15:59:24","date_gmt":"2023-05-30T15:59:24","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/"},"modified":"2023-05-30T15:59:24","modified_gmt":"2023-05-30T15:59:24","slug":"absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/","title":{"rendered":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello!<\/p>\n<p>I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re damping options respectively (I assume they serve the same purpose). Given that my maximum y+ is approximately equal to 0.6, I wanted to switch this functionality on for my k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras runs. I was able to do it for k-w SST but I could not find the option for Spalart-Allmaras in the version of Fluent I am using, i.e., 2022 R2. I have gone through the user guide and there is no mention of the absence of this feature. Does it mean that you guys have removed the option, given that it is a low-Re turbulence model?<\/p>\n<p>Thank you.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-286386","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-fluent-ansys-1"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/#fluent-#ansys-1\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"#fluent-#ansys\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/#fluent-#ansys-1\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"#fluent-#ansys\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/#fluent-#ansys-1\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/#fluent-#ansys-1\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"#fluent-#ansys\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\\\/\",\"name\":\"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/#fluent-#ansys-1\/#listItem","name":"#fluent-#ansys"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/#fluent-#ansys-1\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"#fluent-#ansys","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/#fluent-#ansys-1\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/#listItem","name":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/#fluent-#ansys-1\/#listItem","name":"#fluent-#ansys"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/","name":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00","dateModified":"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/","article:published_time":"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-05-30T15:59:24+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello!I have been trying to simulate flow past a cylinder with Re = 26700 using three turbulence models, namely, k-w SST, k-e realizable with enhanced wall treatment (henceforth referred to as KEEWT) and Spalart-Allmaras. Now in the past versions of Fluent, I have seen that k-w SST and Spalart-Allmaras had Low-Re correction and Low Re"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"286386","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:06:27","updated":"2024-10-28 18:06:27","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/#fluent-#ansys-1\/\" title=\"#fluent-#ansys\">#fluent-#ansys<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tAbsence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"#fluent-#ansys","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/#fluent-#ansys-1\/"},{"label":"Absence of Low Re Damping option in Spalart-Allmaras Turbulence model","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/absence-of-low-re-damping-option-in-spalart-allmaras-turbulence-model\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["2631","13659"],"_bbp_author_ip":["96.7.218.223"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["469"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["286386"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["2631","13659"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["4"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["286817"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["286817"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-06-02 08:29:10"]},"test":"p-ramyastudent-tudelft-nl"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/286386","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/286386\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=286386"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}