


{"id":285186,"date":"2023-05-22T20:50:14","date_gmt":"2023-05-22T20:50:14","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/"},"modified":"2023-05-22T22:12:33","modified_gmt":"2023-05-22T22:12:33","slug":"using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/","title":{"rendered":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA gives me. I am interested in using power monitors and checking the power that goes through monitors at different planes. These monitors could be normal to the direction of propagation or parallel to it. For example, if I have a z propagating wave, I would have monitors with z-normal or x-normal or y-normal properties. It seems that doing such a thing is not that easily achievable with the basic documentations that I see on the website. Can you please help me figure this out?<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<p>Thanks a lot<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-285186","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-RCWA-1"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-05-22T20:50:14+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-05-22T22:12:33+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/RCWA-1\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"RCWA\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/RCWA-1\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"RCWA\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/RCWA-1\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/RCWA-1\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"RCWA\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\\\/\",\"name\":\"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-05-22T20:50:14+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-05-22T22:12:33+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/RCWA-1\/#listItem","name":"RCWA"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/RCWA-1\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"RCWA","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/RCWA-1\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/#listItem","name":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/RCWA-1\/#listItem","name":"RCWA"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/","name":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-05-22T20:50:14+00:00","dateModified":"2023-05-22T22:12:33+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/","article:published_time":"2023-05-22T20:50:14+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-05-22T22:12:33+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I have a periodic structure that takes a long tome in FDTD to simulate. I want to try to simulate this using RCWA. I tried to look at a couple of documentations but they do not apply to my case. I am not that much interested in the total transmission or reflection that the RCWA"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"285186","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:07:44","updated":"2024-10-28 18:07:44","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/RCWA-1\/\" title=\"RCWA\">RCWA<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tUsing power monitors in an RCWA simulation\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"RCWA","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/RCWA-1\/"},{"label":"Using power monitors in an RCWA simulation","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/using-power-monitors-in-an-rcwa-simulation\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["285154","2592"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.217.200.71"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["465"],"_edit_lock":["1684793521:218328"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["285186"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_engagement":["2592","285154"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["9"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["285983"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["285983"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-05-26 14:58:51"]},"test":"yahya-mohtashamiovt-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/285186","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/285186\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=285186"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}