


{"id":275373,"date":"2023-03-17T21:34:06","date_gmt":"2023-03-17T21:34:06","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/"},"modified":"2023-03-17T21:34:06","modified_gmt":"2023-03-17T21:34:06","slug":"unbaffled-mixing-tank","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/","title":{"rendered":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I&#8217;ve played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow LES seems to be uncompatable with several multiphase modules and RSM also has some drawbacks. Is there a better (more robust) option for these kind of mixing problems? Thanks<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-275373","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-bubbles-1","topic-tag-gas-mixing-1","topic-tag-les","topic-tag-mixing-tank","topic-tag-rsm","topic-tag-sst-1"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I&#039;ve been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I&#039;ve played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Unbaffled Mixing Tank | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I&#039;ve been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I&#039;ve played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Unbaffled Mixing Tank | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I&#039;ve been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I&#039;ve played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/les\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"les\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/les\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"les\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/les\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Unbaffled Mixing Tank\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Unbaffled Mixing Tank\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/les\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"les\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\\\/\",\"name\":\"Unbaffled Mixing Tank | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I've been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I've played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I've been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I've played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/les\/#listItem","name":"les"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/les\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"les","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/les\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/#listItem","name":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/les\/#listItem","name":"les"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/","name":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I've been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I've played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00","dateModified":"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I've been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I've played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/","article:published_time":"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-03-17T21:34:06+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I've been looking into a mixing tank problem in which the tank is not baffled and swirlling type flow is likely. I've played around with different turbulent models in particular the RSM and LES models and have found them to work rather well. My issue is that as I look to move into multiphase flow"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"275373","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:18:05","updated":"2024-10-28 18:18:05","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/les\/\" title=\"les\">les<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tUnbaffled Mixing Tank\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"les","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/les\/"},{"label":"Unbaffled Mixing Tank","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/unbaffled-mixing-tank\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["268052","218","199"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.77.218.220"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["612"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["275373"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","218","268052"],"_bbp_voice_count":["3"],"_bbp_reply_count":["5"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["275574"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["275574"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-03-20 14:47:51"]},"test":"patrick-kirbyjefferson-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/275373","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/275373\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=275373"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}