


{"id":250496,"date":"2023-02-18T19:34:26","date_gmt":"2023-02-18T19:34:26","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/"},"modified":"2023-02-18T19:34:26","modified_gmt":"2023-02-18T19:34:26","slug":"get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/","title":{"rendered":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello everyone,<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I&#8217;d like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of progress.<\/p>\n<p>Matlab waits for the system exec to be done, so I cannot track progress by reading the output file by matlab &#8211; at least not on my level of Matlab knowledge! Also manually reding the out file does not work since my computer cannot open the file thorugh editor as it becomes too large. Is there any other way APDL can transfer a message while solving?<\/p>\n<p>Highly appreciating any idea or suggestion in which direction to search.<\/p>\n<p>best regards<\/p>\n<p>Daniel<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-250496","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-apdl","topic-tag-batch","topic-tag-matlab","topic-tag-solver"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I&#039;m running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I&#039;d like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I&#039;m running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I&#039;d like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I&#039;m running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I&#039;d like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"apdl\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"apdl\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"apdl\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\\\/\",\"name\":\"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello everyone,I'm running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I'd like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I'm running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I'd like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/#listItem","name":"apdl"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"apdl","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/#listItem","name":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/#listItem","name":"apdl"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/","name":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I'm running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I'd like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00","dateModified":"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello everyone,I'm running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I'd like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/","article:published_time":"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00","article:modified_time":"2023-02-18T19:34:26+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello everyone,I'm running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I'd like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"250496","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 18:47:19","updated":"2024-10-28 18:47:19","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/\" title=\"apdl\">apdl<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tGet Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"apdl","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/"},{"label":"Get Load Step Progress while doing APDL Batch run","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/get-load-step-progress-while-doing-apdl-batch-run\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["275632","58821","50680"],"_bbp_author_ip":["23.192.164.18"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["992"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["250496"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["50680","58821","275632"],"_bbp_voice_count":["3"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["250634"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["250634"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2023-02-20 16:46:02"]},"test":"daniel-neubauerhochschule-rhein-waal-de"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/250496","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/250496\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=250496"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}