


{"id":236224,"date":"2022-09-24T09:37:32","date_gmt":"2022-09-24T09:37:32","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/"},"modified":"2022-09-24T09:37:32","modified_gmt":"2022-09-24T09:37:32","slug":"friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/","title":{"rendered":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I can use that would be very helpful.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-236224","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello.I&#039;m working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I&#039;m struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello.I&#039;m working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I&#039;m struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello.I&#039;m working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I&#039;m struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\\\/\",\"name\":\"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello.I'm working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I'm struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello.I'm working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I'm struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/#listItem","name":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/","name":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello.I'm working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I'm struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00","dateModified":"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello.I'm working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I'm struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/","article:published_time":"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00","article:modified_time":"2022-09-24T09:37:32+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello.I'm working on a model with a rough surface in the area of contact between two bodies. Surface roughness parameter Rz 40. What coefficient of friction should be applied for this contact?I'm struggling to find any information about this. If you can tell me any source where I can find this or a method I"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"236224","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 19:02:55","updated":"2024-10-28 19:02:55","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tFriction coefficient of a surface with roughness\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Friction coefficient of a surface with roughness","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/friction-coefficient-of-a-surface-with-roughness\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_author_ip":["96.7.74.191"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["1400"],"_bbp_subscription":["240"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["236224"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["240","262268"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["236225"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["236225"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2022-09-24 10:05:10"]},"test":"user-deleted"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/236224","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/236224\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=236224"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}