


{"id":167922,"date":"2022-03-30T11:55:12","date_gmt":"2022-03-30T11:55:12","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/"},"modified":"2022-03-30T14:23:07","modified_gmt":"2022-03-30T14:23:07","slug":"question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/","title":{"rendered":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file"},"content":{"rendered":"<div class=\"Item-Body\">\n<div class=\"Message userContent\">\n<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I&#039;ve reached a point where I don&#039;t know how to go about fixing the issue.<\/p>\n<p>I will run by you my process and hopefully you can help. I began by having the complete model of a trachea obj file. As I didn&#039;t want all the geometry I moved the file into MeshLab and deleted the part that I didn&#039;t want, cutting the model and leaving a hole in the mesh. From here I saved as an stl file and moved the model into SpaceClaim. From here, I continued by sealing the hole that was left and having a fully defined model of a trachea. At this point I ran the Check Facets tab to see if there are any geometry problems and none were found. <\/p>\n<div data-embedjson=\"{&quot;url&quot;:&quot;\/forum\/wp-content\/uploads\/forum-uploads\/918\/4GY1KR7E0QVM.png&quot;,&quot;name&quot;:&quot;Capture.PNG&quot;,&quot;type&quot;:&quot;image\/png&quot;,&quot;size&quot;:377752,&quot;width&quot;:null,&quot;height&quot;:null,&quot;embedType&quot;:&quot;file&quot;}\">\n<a href=\"\/forum\/wp-content\/uploads\/forum-uploads\/918\/4GY1KR7E0QVM.png\" download aria-label=\"Capture.PNG\"><br \/>\nCapture.PNG<br \/>\n<\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-167922","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-ansys-spaceclaim","topic-tag-convertgeometry-1","topic-tag-stl-to-ansys-2"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I&#039;ve reached a point where I don&#039;t know how to go about fixing the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I&#039;ve reached a point where I don&#039;t know how to go about fixing the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2022-03-30T11:55:12+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2022-03-30T14:23:07+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I&#039;ve reached a point where I don&#039;t know how to go about fixing the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-spaceclaim\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-spaceclaim\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-spaceclaim\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ansys-spaceclaim\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-spaceclaim\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-spaceclaim\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-spaceclaim\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\\\/\",\"name\":\"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I've reached a point where I don't know how to go about fixing the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2022-03-30T11:55:12+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2022-03-30T14:23:07+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I've reached a point where I don't know how to go about fixing the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-spaceclaim\/#listItem","name":"ansys-spaceclaim"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-spaceclaim\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ansys-spaceclaim","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-spaceclaim\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/#listItem","name":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-spaceclaim\/#listItem","name":"ansys-spaceclaim"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/","name":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I've reached a point where I don't know how to go about fixing the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2022-03-30T11:55:12+00:00","dateModified":"2022-03-30T14:23:07+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I've reached a point where I don't know how to go about fixing the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/","article:published_time":"2022-03-30T11:55:12+00:00","article:modified_time":"2022-03-30T14:23:07+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi,I am working on a 3D-model of a trachea that I got from online. The file came as an obj file with a lot of errors. I followed some of the advice provided on your forum which was very helpful, but I've reached a point where I don't know how to go about fixing the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"167922","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 20:18:38","updated":"2024-10-28 20:18:38","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-spaceclaim\/\" title=\"ansys-spaceclaim\">ansys-spaceclaim<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tQuestion about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ansys-spaceclaim","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-spaceclaim\/"},{"label":"Question about forming a fluid body out a complex stl file","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/question-about-forming-a-fluid-body-out-a-complex-stl-file\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_btv_view_count":["725"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_bbp_subscription":["252414"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["167922"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27789"],"_bbp_engagement":["252414"],"_bbp_voice_count":["1"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["210190"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["210190"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2022-03-30 14:23:07"]},"test":"19086000stu-mmu-ac-uk"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/167922","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/167922\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=167922"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}