


{"id":167649,"date":"2022-03-23T14:20:05","date_gmt":"2022-03-23T14:20:05","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/"},"modified":"2022-03-24T16:07:26","modified_gmt":"2022-03-24T16:07:26","slug":"problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/","title":{"rendered":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file"},"content":{"rendered":"<div class=\"Item-Body\">\n<div class=\"Message userContent\">\n<p>I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn&#039;t make it work. However, without using the do function, the code works fine for one simulation run. <\/p>\n<p>I have two questions: <\/p>\n<p>1) How can I make this code work? When I run this code, first I get the warning &quot;Warning: An error or interrupt occurred while reading the journal file. Some commands may not have been completed.&quot; on Fluent GUI and then &quot;Error: eof inside list, Error Object: ()&quot; in the console.<\/p>\n<p>2) I want to change the dpm sample file which is generated automatically by Fluent, when I run the &quot;\/report\/dpm-sample&quot; command in the last row. How can I change the file name for each trial in the loop below? For example: outlet_1.dpm, outlet_2.dpm etc.,.. I looked through the TUI command list, but the commands to write a file are related with data case files.<\/p>\n<p>Thank you in advance,<\/p>\n<p>Journal File:<\/p>\n<p>(define numbOfIterations 2); Define number of max. iterations per time step<\/p>\n<p>(define delta_t 0.06); Define time step size [s]<\/p>\n<p>(define no_t_s 2); Number of time steps<\/p>\n<p>(do ((x1 1 (+ x1 1))) ((&gt; x1 3)) ; define count &#8211; variable , start value and increment, define stop condition<\/p>\n<p> \/solve\/initialize\/initialize-flow y y ; do the Initialization, y y to discard the old data and clear history<\/p>\n<p> \/report\/dpm-sample injection-0 injection-1 () outlet () () n n ; start sampling<\/p>\n<p> \/solve\/set\/time-step delta_t ; set the time step<\/p>\n<p> \/solve\/dual-time-iterate no_t_s numbOfIterations; Perform unsteady iterations for a specified number of time steps<\/p>\n<p> \/report\/dpm-sample );<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-167649","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-dpm","topic-tag-fluent","topic-tag-journal","topic-tag-journal-file"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn&#039;t make it work. However, without using the do\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn&#039;t make it work. However, without using the do\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2022-03-23T14:20:05+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2022-03-24T16:07:26+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn&#039;t make it work. However, without using the do\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"fluent\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\\\/\",\"name\":\"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn't make it work. However, without using the do\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2022-03-23T14:20:05+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2022-03-24T16:07:26+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn't make it work. However, without using the do","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"fluent","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/#listItem","name":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/","name":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn't make it work. However, without using the do","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2022-03-23T14:20:05+00:00","dateModified":"2022-03-24T16:07:26+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn't make it work. However, without using the do","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/","article:published_time":"2022-03-23T14:20:05+00:00","article:modified_time":"2022-03-24T16:07:26+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I try to run a transient particle simulation and sample at the outlet several times with a journal file as given below in Fluent. My final aim is to have several sample files (.dpm) at the end. To this end, I used the do-loop but I couldn't make it work. However, without using the do"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"167649","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 20:19:02","updated":"2024-10-28 20:19:02","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/\" title=\"fluent\">fluent<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tProblem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"fluent","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/"},{"label":"Problem on succesive simulation runs and dpm file naming with a journal file","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/problem-on-succesive-simulation-runs-and-dpm-file-naming-with-a-journal-file\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_btv_view_count":["771"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_bbp_subscription":["247112"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["167649"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","247112"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["209372"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["209372"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2022-03-24 16:07:26"]},"test":"fatihgulec66gmail-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/167649","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/167649\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=167649"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}