


{"id":161338,"date":"2021-08-16T08:25:54","date_gmt":"2021-08-16T08:25:54","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/"},"modified":"2021-11-18T15:35:36","modified_gmt":"2021-11-18T15:35:36","slug":"create-own-geometry-in-forte","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/","title":{"rendered":"Create own geometry in Forte"},"content":{"rendered":"<div class=\"Item-Body\">\n<div class=\"Message userContent\">\n<p>So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.<\/p>\n<p>I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the engine from Catia as an STL file, it makes it into one lump, even though there are many different parts in there. If I export all the different parts, Forte says the resulting structure is not water-tight. I tried doing it through SpaceClaim, but this gave the same problem; it&#039;s not water\/air tight. <\/p>\n<p>My question is thus; How do I create my own geometry and import it into Forte? I have scoured the internet for an answer, but I can not find anyone who has been able to do this. The manual is not helpful at all on this subject. How where the tutorial files created?<\/p>\n<p>Kind regards,<\/p>\n<p>Erik<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-161338","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-ansys-forte","topic-tag-cad"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Create own geometry in Forte | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2021-08-16T08:25:54+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2021-11-18T15:35:36+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Create own geometry in Forte | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-forte\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-forte\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-forte\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"ansys-forte\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-forte\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Create own geometry in Forte\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Create own geometry in Forte\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/ansys-forte\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ansys-forte\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\\\/\",\"name\":\"Create own geometry in Forte | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2021-08-16T08:25:54+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2021-11-18T15:35:36+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Create own geometry in Forte | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-forte\/#listItem","name":"ansys-forte"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-forte\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"ansys-forte","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-forte\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/#listItem","name":"Create own geometry in Forte"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Create own geometry in Forte","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-forte\/#listItem","name":"ansys-forte"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/","name":"Create own geometry in Forte | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2021-08-16T08:25:54+00:00","dateModified":"2021-11-18T15:35:36+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Create own geometry in Forte | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/","article:published_time":"2021-08-16T08:25:54+00:00","article:modified_time":"2021-11-18T15:35:36+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Create own geometry in Forte | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"So far I have been using the geometry provided in one of the Forte tutorials, however, I would also like to use engine geometries of my own creation.I have tried to create a geometry in Catia V5 and import it to Forte in many different ways, but none of them worked. When I export the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"161338","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 20:27:53","updated":"2024-10-28 20:27:53","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-forte\/\" title=\"ansys-forte\">ansys-forte<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tCreate own geometry in Forte\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"ansys-forte","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/ansys-forte\/"},{"label":"Create own geometry in Forte","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/create-own-geometry-in-forte\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_author_ip":[""],"_bbp_old_reply_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_reply_anonymous_id":["false"],"_btv_view_count":["1711"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_bbp_subscription":["255700","270827"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["161338"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["118","211101","228732","270827"],"_bbp_voice_count":["4"],"_bbp_reply_count":["13"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["244286"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["244286"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2022-12-18 03:27:45"]},"test":"ecp1live-nl"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/161338","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/161338\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=161338"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}