


{"id":160360,"date":"2021-07-14T06:06:13","date_gmt":"2021-07-14T06:06:13","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/"},"modified":"2022-03-19T00:16:59","modified_gmt":"2022-03-19T00:16:59","slug":"wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/","title":{"rendered":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped)"},"content":{"rendered":"<div class=\"Item-Body\">\n<div class=\"Message userContent\">\n<p>I need to do wave generation for <strong>deep water<\/strong> condition in <strong>2d or 3d<\/strong>. I think 2D is sufficient.<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;I have tried with fines mesh like <strong>100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight<\/strong>.<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;The basic requirements are, <strong>deep water conditions<\/strong>, wave shouldn&rsquo;t get damped, <strong>first order airy theory<\/strong> and <strong>K-w SST<\/strong> model for turbulence. <\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;For wave generation I have used <strong>open channel wave BC<\/strong>, <strong>Implicit body force<\/strong> and <strong>Sharp<\/strong> from interface modelling<strong>. Interfacial Anti-diffusion<\/strong> is also ticked.<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;In order to avoid reflection from opposite wall, <strong>numerical beach<\/strong> is provided over two wavelengths from opposite wall.<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;For Pressure- Velocity coupling <strong>SIMPLE<\/strong> scheme is used, Pressure &ndash; <strong>PRESTO<\/strong>, momentum &#8211; <strong>second order upwind<\/strong>, Volume fraction &ndash; <strong>Modified HRIC<\/strong>, Turbulent K.E- <strong>second order upwind<\/strong>, Sp. Dissipation rate &ndash; <strong>second order upwind<\/strong>, transient formulation &ndash; <strong>second order implicit<\/strong>.<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<strong>For very low values of k and w (1e-06), the wave is not getting damped and I am getting expected results but when I am initializing simulation with calculated values of k and w, it gets damped.<\/strong><\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;For reference, I have followed<\/p>\n<p>1)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Numerical simulation of an oscillating water column device using a code based on Navier &#8211; Stokes equations.<\/p>\n<p>2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CFD modelling of a small&ndash;scale fixed multi&ndash;chamber OWC device<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;3)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Fluent user manual<\/p>\n<p>4)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Fluent user guide<\/p>\n<p>5)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Scaling and air compressibility effects on a three-dimensional offshore stationary OWC wave energy converter<\/p>\n<p>6)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Tutorial: Heave and Pitch Simulation of Ship hull moving through head sea waves.<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<div data-embedjson=\"{&quot;url&quot;:&quot;\/forum\/wp-content\/uploads\/forum-uploads\/798\/6DWVO9MFYRSY.mp4&quot;,&quot;name&quot;:&quot;17 march original1.mp4&quot;,&quot;type&quot;:&quot;video\/mp4&quot;,&quot;size&quot;:11411858,&quot;embedType&quot;:&quot;file&quot;}\">\n<a href=\"\/forum\/wp-content\/uploads\/forum-uploads\/798\/6DWVO9MFYRSY.mp4\" download aria-label=\"17 march original1.mp4\"><br \/>\n17 march original1.mp4<br \/>\n<\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-160360","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-2d","topic-tag-ansys-fluent","topic-tag-boundary-conditions","topic-tag-convergence","topic-tag-fluid-dynamics"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2021-07-14T06:06:13+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2022-03-19T00:16:59+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/convergence\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"convergence\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/convergence\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"convergence\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/convergence\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped)\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped)\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/convergence\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"convergence\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\\\/\",\"name\":\"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped) | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2021-07-14T06:06:13+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2022-03-19T00:16:59+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/convergence\/#listItem","name":"convergence"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/convergence\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"convergence","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/convergence\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/#listItem","name":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped)"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped)","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/convergence\/#listItem","name":"convergence"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/","name":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2021-07-14T06:06:13+00:00","dateModified":"2022-03-19T00:16:59+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped) | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/","article:published_time":"2021-07-14T06:06:13+00:00","article:modified_time":"2022-03-19T00:16:59+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped) | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I need to do wave generation for deep water condition in 2d or 3d. I think 2D is sufficient. I have tried with fines mesh like 100 cells per wavelength and 20 cells per waveheight. The basic requirements are, deep water conditions, wave shouldn\u2019t get damped, first order airy theory and K-w SST model for turbulence. For"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"160360","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 20:29:16","updated":"2024-10-28 20:29:17","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/convergence\/\" title=\"convergence\">convergence<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tWave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped)\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"convergence","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/convergence\/"},{"label":"Wave generation in deep water (wave is getting damped)","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/wave-generation-in-deep-water-wave-is-getting-damped\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_author_ip":[""],"_bbp_old_reply_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_reply_anonymous_id":["false"],"_btv_view_count":["2602"],"_bbp_likes_count":["1"],"_bbp_subscription":["265910"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["160360"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","22555","163443","251579","265910"],"_bbp_voice_count":["5"],"_bbp_reply_count":["42"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["238717"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["238717"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2022-10-26 15:23:43"]},"test":"surajgarad"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/160360","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/160360\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=160360"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}