


{"id":54991,"date":"2017-09-29T23:53:52","date_gmt":"2017-09-29T23:53:52","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/"},"modified":"2017-09-29T23:53:52","modified_gmt":"2017-09-29T23:53:52","slug":"54991","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p><span style=\"font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;\">ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. <\/span><\/p>\n<p><\/p>\n<p><span style=\"font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;\">When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies or components. But if you do select only bodies, then it will create components and move the bodies into components. So it still uses components to establish the linked behavior.<\/span><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-54991","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/54991\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/54991\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim?\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/54991\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/54991\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/54991\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/54991\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim?"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/","name":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00","dateModified":"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/","article:published_time":"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00","article:modified_time":"2017-09-29T23:53:52+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry. When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"54991","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-11 21:16:04","updated":"2026-08-25 15:09:34","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS Spaceclaim?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/54991\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/54991","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/54991\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=54991"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}