


{"id":397791,"date":"2024-12-17T19:19:14","date_gmt":"2024-12-17T19:19:14","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/"},"modified":"2024-12-17T19:19:14","modified_gmt":"2024-12-17T19:19:14","slug":"397791","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for&nbsp; fatigue analysis for offshore structures, in order to have accurate results at the joints, I need to account for the hot spot stress by extrapolating the stresses around the joint. As I understand, in the fatigue analysis, I need a scalar value at each node to compute the life of the structure (combination method). Again as per the DNV rp c203 guideline, the principal stress is an acceptable measure.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So if we imagine there is a way to compute the hotspot stress at the desired locations in mechanical; then I would like to modify the stress tensor with the new values at these locations to be able to compute the updated principal stresses which takes into account the notch effect. I am not sure if this makes sense.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Please let me know what you think.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Many thanks,&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-397791","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397791\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397791\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress)\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397791\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress)\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397791\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397791\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress) | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397791\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress)"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress)","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/","name":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress) | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/","article:published_time":"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-17T19:19:14+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress) | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi,Thank you very much for your reply. There are two issues here, I do not have the license for the seamweld in ncode (as far as I know it is a separate license). The other issue is I am not modelling the weld itself, so as per the guidelines for fatigue analysis for offshore structures,"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"397791","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-17 21:35:23","updated":"2026-08-21 03:32:37","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress)\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Stress concentration calculation at joints (Hotspot Stress)","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397791\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/397791","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/397791\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=397791"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}