


{"id":397314,"date":"2024-12-12T17:49:33","date_gmt":"2024-12-12T17:49:33","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/"},"modified":"2024-12-12T17:49:33","modified_gmt":"2024-12-12T17:49:33","slug":"397314","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I&#8217;ll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber and the fact that the domain is now 3D instead of 2D axisymmetric. As far as using the PBCS solver, I&#8217;ve tried that and it does work considerably better. But from everything I&#8217;ve read regarding gas ejector CFD the density-based solver is what everyone runs with, so that&#8217;s why I was using it. As far as why the domain has to be 3D, I&#8217;m wanting to eventually include a third inlet to the starting chamber. I have a task involving the mixing of certain gas species using the ejector, and some of those species are to enter through a third inlet, which will have its own temperature and pressure conditions. When using the PBSC solver, what would you recommend regarding the settings for Discretizations schemes, URFs, and the Time Scale Factor for good convergence?&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-397314","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I&#039;ll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I&#039;ll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I&#039;ll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397314\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397314\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397314\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397314\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397314\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I'll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/397314\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I'll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/","name":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I'll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I'll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/","article:published_time":"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-12T17:49:33+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Thanks for the reply! And yeah, when I made the forum post the images were way bigger, so I'll keep that in mind next time. The base of the geometry was given in the dissertation I was following. The only part I changed was that the primary and secondary inlets now enter a complete chamber"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"397314","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-17 21:04:21","updated":"2026-09-23 06:15:38","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Stability and Convergence of 3D Ejector Simulations","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/397314\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/397314","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/397314\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=397314"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}