


{"id":396499,"date":"2024-12-05T18:10:51","date_gmt":"2024-12-05T18:10:51","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/"},"modified":"2024-12-05T18:13:30","modified_gmt":"2024-12-05T18:13:30","slug":"396499","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol.&nbsp; &nbsp;If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell&rsquo;s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you believe will cause failure.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;FSI analysis starts on the fluent\/CFX side and you map the resultant pressure to the mechanical side in a 1-way coupled analysis.&nbsp; &nbsp;If you have access to ALH (which I don&rsquo;t at the moment), you can find a good course there on how to do this.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;something like this would be pretty fun to do so if you are willing to share the detailed parameter of the problem, I would love to know what those are.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-396499","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-12-05T18:10:51+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-05T18:13:30+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/396499\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/396499\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/396499\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/396499\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/396499\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/396499\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-12-05T18:10:51+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-05T18:13:30+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/","name":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-12-05T18:10:51+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-05T18:13:30+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/","article:published_time":"2024-12-05T18:10:51+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-05T18:13:30+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hey OP, I believe I just answered this question on reddit lol. If you are the same person, basically you have to do a 1-way FSI analysis if the failure mechanism you are trying to model is the shell\u2019s interaction with air at indicated acceleration and the pressure induced from this interaction is what you"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"396499","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-17 20:08:55","updated":"2026-09-23 05:27:23","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Simulation of an Artillery Shell","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/396499\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/396499","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/396499\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":396501,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/396499\/revisions\/396501"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=396499"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}