


{"id":391954,"date":"2024-10-30T10:25:05","date_gmt":"2024-10-30T10:25:05","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/"},"modified":"2024-10-30T10:25:05","modified_gmt":"2024-10-30T10:25:05","slug":"391954","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I&#8217;ve never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you&#8217;re resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I&#8217;d also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it&#8217;s curved.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-391954","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I&#039;ve never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you&#039;re resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I&#039;d also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it&#039;s curved.\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I&#039;ve never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you&#039;re resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I&#039;d also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it&#039;s curved.\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I&#039;ve never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you&#039;re resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I&#039;d also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it&#039;s curved.\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/391954\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/391954\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/391954\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/391954\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/391954\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I've never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you're resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I'd also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it's curved.\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/391954\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I've never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you're resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I'd also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it's curved.","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/","name":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I've never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you're resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I'd also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it's curved.","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00","dateModified":"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I've never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you're resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I'd also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it's curved.","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/","article:published_time":"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-10-30T10:25:05+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"The solver theory is covered in the manual, but even with some very small cells I've never seen any issues with the flow field. However, if you're resolving the near wall to that level of resolution I'd also question how confident you were about the surface roughness and surface faceting if it's curved."},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"391954","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-11-27 16:18:45","updated":"2026-08-04 17:48:34","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Machine precision and Meshes\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Machine precision and Meshes","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/391954\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/391954","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/391954\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=391954"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}