


{"id":382459,"date":"2024-09-12T13:03:32","date_gmt":"2024-09-12T13:03:32","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/"},"modified":"2024-09-12T13:03:32","modified_gmt":"2024-09-12T13:03:32","slug":"382459","status":"publish","type":"reply","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/","title":{"rendered":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello, I&#8217;m back \ud83d\ude42 Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n<pre><em>SET, last, last      ! Not working without this line<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>cmsel,s,FACE         ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange face<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>esln&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;! It doesn't make any difference If I add or uncomment this line<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>spoint,,-350,330,19&nbsp; ! x,y,z are the coordinates of the centroid <\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>fsum&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;  ! Compare with Mechanical<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>allsel<\/em><\/pre>\n<p>&lt;p&gt;In the logs I get the result for fsum via APDL, at least exactly the same results as given by the Reaction Moments inside Mechanical. So Mechanical is apparently using the lines above. But, I still don&#8217;t know where my problem is :-(&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-382459","reply","type-reply","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, I&#039;m back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn&#039;t make any difference\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, I&#039;m back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn&#039;t make any difference\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, I&#039;m back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn&#039;t make any difference\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382459\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382459\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Force\\\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept)\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382459\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Reply To: Force\\\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept)\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382459\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382459\\\/\",\"name\":\"Reply To: Force\\\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept) | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, I'm back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn't make any difference\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/reply\\\/382459\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I'm back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn't make any difference","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/#listItem","name":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept)"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept)","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/","name":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I'm back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn't make any difference","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00","dateModified":"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept) | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, I'm back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn't make any difference","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/","article:published_time":"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-09-12T13:03:32+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept) | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, I'm back :-) Thanks for the APDL lines, I had to add one line in the beginning. Here my entire (working) snippet:SET, last, last ! Not working without this linecmsel,s,FACE ! FACE is a named selection for the top flange faceesln ! It doesn't make any difference"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"382459","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:29:23","updated":"2026-08-20 23:09:20","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tReply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept)\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Reply To: Force\/Moment Reactions at Contact (Weld Seam Evaluation: nominal stress concept)","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/reply\/382459\/"}],"acf":[],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/382459","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/reply"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/replies\/382459\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=382459"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}